Prologue

It was a dark night in the Empire. The Dragons seemed to taunt the Emperor today. He woke early, seeing his wife wasn't present with him. Xiao grumbled, sitting up. The doors opened and servants flooded the room, preparing freshly made clothes and prepared appetizers. "Good Morning your highness-" The head advisor, Li charged into the room, his face beaming with excitement. His smile suddenly faltered once he saw that only the Emperor in bed. His face contorted in confusion. "Where is Empress Mei?"

____________________________________

Bao's eyesbrows scrunched up, light leaking into the dark room. She slowly opened her eyes to see that she was in a dark room. Her thoughts were foggy and disjointed. "Mmmm..." She groaned, slowly rising from bed. Her dark brown hair was undone from her usual braids. Suddenly she released something. She was in someone else's room.

Someone else's bed.

Her round eyes widened, shooting up, clutching her hands. "Wh-What the...?!" She looked around frantically, shivering. She looked down, letting out a scream as she covered herself with the bedsheets. "W-Where are my clothes?!" Bao looked around in a panic, trying to recall her thoughts and organize herself. That alone is taxing and only raised new questions. As Bao tried to leave she felt a hand around her waist. She gasped, looking down and saw the slender hand around her waist, having a inhuman like grip on her, preventing her from moving.

"Good morning, my little fawn."

Bao suddenly froze. Hearing the familiar, deep voice. The hand dragged her back down, her think body slid against the covers as her stomach hit someone's face. Bao moved her knotted hair as she was pulled down, her eyes widened in shock. Her round, caramel orbs met a pair of viper-like irises before her. They were intense as they seemed to glow against the person's dark maroon hair. The woman rose, moving her hair out of the way to reveal her porcelain like skin, glossy red lips, and a coy grin on her face.

It was the Empress.

Empress Zhong Mei.

Bao felt like she couldn't breath, her face was a bright red. Her words were slurred as the Empress got close to her face. Her gaze was almost paralyzing, causing her to lean away from the Empress. Mei's grin faltered slightly. She stood in silence, examining Bao closely. Like a predator examining their prey. She grinned, eyes narrowing. "You can speak now, I won't hurt you." Her voice was soft but commanding, it sent chills down Bao's spine as the Empress leaned closer, whispering in her ear. "Did you have fun with me...last night?"

Bao's entire face went completely red, as if she was suffocating. She saw the Empress's teasing face, waiting for an answer. "W...What?" Bao blurted, confused. The Empress giggled, clearly teasing Bao with her antics. "Do you not remember?" Mei asked, pulling Bao close to her again.  Bao could feel the Empress's hot breath on her neck, sending waves of chills down her spine. She swallowed hard, her heart beating faster than before.

How did she get there? How did the clumsy, klutzy, idiotic Xun Lin Bao wound up in bed with Zhong Mei? THE Empress?

__________________________________

The sky was adorned in hues of pink and lilac. The sun was rising. A new day was approaching. "Lowly Maidens!" The building was flooded with young women, dressed in different hanfus, hair adorable with different accessories. The head Maiden, the Matron, was doing a headcount. She suddenly stopped, huffing impatiently. "Where...is...Xun Lin Bao?!" The other Maidens were whispering between them. The Matron turned to a girl, dark blue hair tied in two buns with her hair drooped down to her sides. She wore a plain yellow hanfu— no, hanbok. The Maidens get confused about her outfit sometimes. "Where is she, Hana?"