Bonus chapter

Minerva took a sigh of relief as the young waiter was called away, though the wine remained in the grasp of Albus who continued to exam it as if he was some wine expert.
"Minerva..." Rolanda smirks "I think someone is quite taken with you."
"Yes he was rather smitten with you dear." Albus agrees turning his attention to Minerva briefly.
"Don't be ridiculous, he's just doing his job."
"His job is to wait on people and cater to their foodie needs, not stand around listening to you and trying to obviously woe you with this fancy smancy wine." Rolanda took the wine from Albus and held it up to emphasise her point.
Minerva received a few comments and teasing looks from her colleagues, Bellatrix however remained painfully silent and continued to stare at the table.
"Yes well even if that is the case, which it's not. I have absolutely no interest in him, nor do I have interest in this conversation topic, so let's just drop it." Minerva said, hoping that was the end of it.

The rest of the night continued and thankfully that was the end of that particular conversation, everyone drank the wine apart from Bellatrix who for the first time that night refused an actual alcoholic drink much to everyone's surprise. Though she did later on order another whisky which then put everyone back at ease. Conversations flowed and the night turned out rather well, and as far as Minerva knew everyone enjoyed. Particularly Albus who certainly had more than one glass of wine, despite sharing his earlier distaste for it.
The dark witch still remained rather silent compared to her normal self, and Minerva was slightly concerned that the conversation that took place much earlier had upset her.
Minerva's hand found it's way to Bella's thigh and gave it a squeeze, hoping this would get a response from the witch, and thankfully it did. Bella's hand soon took hold of Minerva's and squeezed it lightly before entwining their fingers together. A smile graced Minerva's lips as she turned to Dumbledore to scold him for something stupid he probably suggested while she wasn't actually listening, but judging by Poppy's face it was indeed something stupid.

The night drew to an end and the group of Hogwarts professors were making their leave, Severus helped a highly drunk Dumbledore to his feet as he merrily began telling him a story of his child hood much to Severus' displeasure, poppy however found it quite amusing, the eye roll Severus gave to the old man earned a little giggle from Poppy which in turn brought a slight smile to Severus' lips.
"Do you see what I see." Bella whispers, leaning into Minerva.
"I do believe so yes." Minerva whispers back, slowly turning her attention to Bella who was incredibly close. Minerva's stomach began doing somersaults at the closeness, they hadn't been this close all night and Minerva hadn't realised how much she missed Bella's close presence, despite sitting next to throughout the entire ordeal.
"Hi" Minerva whispers, a smile gracing her lips as she meets Bella's eyes.
"Hi." Bella responds, for the first time that night a genuine smile lit up her face.
"We should really be heading home." Minerva whispers, noting everyone else rising from their seats and gathering their belongings.
"I couldn't agree more." Bellatrix winked before rising from her seat, offering her hand to Minerva.
"Oh don't look now but a certain hunky waiter is heading our way." Rolanda nods in that direction as she helps Pomana up out of her seat.

Minerva glanced at the woman beside her to see the normally warm gooey chocolate eyes filled with hatred and annoyance. Minerva knew now why the woman was so quite all night, it was indeed to do with that man who marched in her direction.
"I trust you had a pleasant time." He smiles addressing everyone, the herd of professors vocalise their enjoyment, Dumbledore giving the young man a slurred speech on how delightful the lemon drizzle cake was.
Bellatrix however grew rigid by the second, especially when the man had the audacity to lay his hand on the small of Minerva's back.
"And I hope you had a wonderful time too." He gave Minerva a dazzling smile showing off his ridiculously white teeth.
"I did thank you." Minerva smiles politely though she took a step away from the waiter and his touch, and a step closer to Bellatrix.
"Glad to here it." He continued to smile at her, and Minerva felt slightly uncomfortable by the intensity of his gaze.
"Right well we'd best get a move on, Severus are you fine with Albus or do you need some help?" Minerva smiles nodding politely to the waiter before moving towards Severus.
Bellatrix smirks as she follows the woman.
"Come on you old codger." Bellatrix took some of Albus' wait off of Severus, and the ancient man placed his arm around her shoulder.
"Ahhhh Bellatrix dear, have I ever told you about the time..." Albus began another one of his irrelevant stories, and Minerva couldn't hide her smile as Bellatrix pretended to care, though gave Severus a knowing look.