eleven.

FALSE GOD | xi.
"IT'S JUST ME"
(' GRAVITY ')

WITH HARRY'S PASSING, EVELYN WILDE AND CHARLIE SWAN ended up spending more time on the reservation, assisting Sue with arrangements and simply providing emotional support

WITH HARRY'S PASSING, EVELYN WILDE AND CHARLIE SWAN ended up spending more time on the reservation, assisting Sue with arrangements and simply providing emotional support. Devyn had tried calling Leah, but it went straight to voicemail every time. She thought of going over there and forcing Leah to talk to her. She didn't care about the conversation they'd had outside of Emily's house, she just wanted to make sure that she was okay, and that Devyn was there for her.

Malia had come down from Port Angeles after hearing the news and had been staying with the Clearwaters. Devyn would use her as a way to figure out how Leah was, but Malia told her that Leah was hardly around. She left early in the morning and came back late at night.

That worried Devyn.

What also worried Devyn was the bite mark on her wrist.

Once twenty-four hours had passed and Devyn hadn't felt the effects of the venom, she began to relax. Guess there was a perk from her strange blood, but the bite mark didn't heal properly. Like Bella's wrist, the teeth marks scarred. It was a constant reminder for her that Victoria was out there.

Devyn tried to figure out how she and Bella got back to shore and if Victoria had helped her, then why hadn't she killed them? Was she exercising good faith, or did she find the situation to be too easy? Devyn tried not to think too hard about it.

"Dev?" Madison asks as she pokes her head into Devyn's room. Devyn looked away from her arm and at Madison. Her younger sister had been feeding off the energy of everyone lately and Devyn could tell she'd been down.

"Hey," Devyn greets.

"Um, I was wondering if you wanted to have a sleepover?" Madison asks.

Devyn smiles, "Sure."

"Yeah?" Madison asks a smile growing on her lips.

"Come here," Devyn says as she holds her arms out. Madison runs over and jumps onto Devyn's bed, climbing into her sister's arms. Devyn holds her close and kisses the top of her sister's head.

"How ya been?" Devyn asks as she looks at Madison.

"Fine," her sister responds, "How have you been?"

"Fine," Devyn says, her smile widening, "I'm better now though."

"Why?" Madison asks as she tilts her head curiously.

"Because I have my favorite person in the entire world with me," Devyn says before playfully poking her sister, "That's you if you couldn't figure it out."

Madison rolls her eyes, "I know."

Devyn smiles, but it slowly slips away, "Maddie – I want you to know that life isn't always like this."