nine.

FALSE GOD | ix.
"ROSALIE RUINED ME"
(' A NEW ALLY ')

"ROSALIE RUINED ME"(' A NEW ALLY ')

"OKAY SO THEY'RE NOT WEREWOLVES?"

Across the table, Tristan stares at Devyn, not answering the question and Devyn sighs. They were at a really nice restaurant in Port Angeles, and they were supposedly on a date, but Devyn just couldn't shake her new discovery.

"Tristan?"

"I am not answering that question," Tristan states, "This is a date. No business, just pleasure."

Devyn's nose scrunches in disgust, "I can't believe you just said that."

"Yeah well get used to it, I say a lot of cringy things."

"I know," Devyn says as she rests her chin on the palm of her hand, giving Tristan her undivided attention, "You're beautiful, you know that?"

Tristan's eyes narrow suspiciously at Devyn, "I do know that."

"Do you know what those giant wolves were in the woods?"

Tristan sighs, "Devyn."

"I'm sorry!" Devyn apologizes, "I just need to figure this out. Bella has questions and so do I. And if I'm being honest you're my friend and I know you have feelings for me but if we hooked up I would just be using you to run from my own problems."

"Right," Tristan says, "You and Rosalie."

Devyn clears her throat as she glances down at the table, "Yes, but um actually it's about Leah."

"Leah?" Tristan asks before her shoulder sag, "I should have known. The two of you were freakishly close. Were you guys friends with benefits?"

"What?" Devyn asks surprised, "No, Leah's been avoiding me."

"Yeah because she's probably in love with you," Tristan responds.

Devyn lets out a laugh, "What? That's not possible. There's no way that Leah likes me."

"You're oblivious to everything aren't you?" Tristan asks.

"I am not!" Devyn exclaims, "I am so observant. I knew that the Cullens were vampires, I figured out that the weird cult Sam is making is a pack of werewolves that aren't wolves and I figured out Maggie was an actual werewolf. I notice things and I would have noticed if Leah were in love with me."

"Why do you think she's avoiding you then?" Tristan asks.

"That's what I'm trying to figure out," Devyn says softly.

Tristan shakes her head, "So smart and yet so dumb."

"Okay this is the worst date ever," Devyn states and Tristan scoffs.

"Are you kidding me?" Tristan asks, "We're literally talking about another woman having feelings for you on this date."

"I'm sorry," Devyn apologizes, "I've lost my magic touch since Rosalie and I broke up. I think she ruined me for anyone else."