Chapter 1

"Can you actually believe it? Were almost seniors!" Aria screamed running up to me outside the large house. For someone who hates cheerleaders she sure is awful happy about this, which make no sense what so ever. Her blond, streaked hair bouncing as she did, it was only slightly restrained by her purple hat that rested on her head. How that thing managed to cling onto her head is beyond me. Purple was Arias signature colour.

Arias been my best friend my entire life. Who knows where if be without her. Shes crazy in every sense of the word but don't get me wrong, when she sets her mind on something she really sets her mind on something.

"Stop reminding me, please. We need to survive this week." Call me crazy, but I'm not all that thrilled about why we're here, not that we actually know why. It was originally described as a week long getaway to start the summer before senior year with a bang. Now I'm calling it 7 days in purgatory, or something along those lines.

"It can't be that hard." She shrugged. Part of me admired how level headed she was about the whole experience but another part of me classified it more as being naïve, even though shes not usually that kind of person. She is usually a bundle of sunshine and I'm not always this grim about life. Its this stupid thing, I'm not even sure what to call it.

"We don't even know what we're doing."

"Terra, you know I love you...Quit depressing me. Were in the middle of the countryside, no parents and from what I hear there's a pool out back and a lake. You can't say you're not even a little excited?"

For those of you who haven't realized Aria loves water. She loves swimming almost as much as she loves her own parents.

"Maybe a little." I quietly admitted.

We've known each other long enough to know how to get the others mood to change. Usually we resort to tickling but were supposed to be mature. Yeah right. We were planning on waiting a day or two before we go full psycho on everyone. Most of our fellow students already know were different. Its not like we hide it well, Aria especially. She one of the loudest girls in know.

"And who knows, maybe it'll be fun."

No sooner had the words left her mouth had she been reminded of just how much more complicated it is to enjoy yourself while your stuck with a guy like Ryder. The obnoxious, arrogant, idiotic Ryder.

He'd drove in, making an entrance like usual. His beautiful red convertible had the roof down like it always was in this good weather, he was wearing his dark sunglasses on his face and music blared from the speakers. His black hair, hazel eyes, perfect smile, yada yada yada. It all just screams 'I'm better than you, look at my hotness'! Not that I'm implying he's hot.

A bunch of guys ran to the car and greeted him with the classic man hand shake hug combo when he climbed out of the car. Typical boys. Always got to move in a group. And men think girls are bad going to the bathroom together when they're at clubs or restaurants? Oh please. Guys cant bare to walk alone.

The group of teens walked past us standing at my little blue mini. Well, we cant all have money. Ryder just couldn't resist though, could he? The hat was quickly plucked off of Arias head and dropped onto mine, with it being quickly followed by a cheeky wink. No surprise there from Ryder. Hes so... so... there's not even words to explain it.

"I still can't believe you two are related, never mind twins." I passed Arias hat back to her but my eyes stayed firmly on the retreating group of boys. She vaguely glared at her brother. The other guys weren't that bad in her eyes, Not her favourite people in the whole world, but not that bad, certain guys more than others.

"Were fraternal twins and don't you forget it." She said fixing her hat back onto her head and on the same perfect position it would always be in. "How do I look?" She asked with a slight pout on her lips. For someone who doesn't give a damn she sure does care a lot about making an impression. She does that a lot. If the look isn't right no one will so much as see at her until it is, me being the exception. Our mom's were friends so we saw each other a lot when we were younger and somewhere along the line we became best friends. Nothing special.

"You never take my fashion advice" Its not that I'm completely hopeless when it comes to clothes but i only recently grew out of the baggy jeans faze of teenage fashion related life.

"You're probably right, let's go." She shrugged grabbing my hand and pulling me up to the house, barely giving me a chance to grab my bag and throw it over my shoulder. We rushed through the front door of the massive house, pushing a few others out the way in the process

"Oh my god. Phoenix Knight is here." She exclaimed with fake excitement, mocking every drooling high pitched cheerleader who had already arrived and stood grouped together at the side.

Phoenix Knight being one of the 'it' boys in our year. He moved here two years ago and practically every girl fell for him. Seriously, a guy acts all mysterious and girls can't help but be drawn in by it. I blame twilight. I like to believe I'm not one of those girls but I've never really had a conversation with Phoenix other than a few times when I asked him for a pencil or for me to quickly explain what our teacher was babbling on about in English.

"Aria, everyone's here." I stated the obvious. This was made to sound pretty compulsory when we first heard about it a few weeks back.

"Doing it again." she didn't move her mouth when she spoke so it was between singing and humming.

I held my hands up in surrender. I'm guessing someone is not in the mood for sarcasm.

"So now what?" I asked but knew she'd have no answer to give. This disaster waiting to happen is a top secret right of passage. Before you start your final year of high school you spend a week here. No one can prepare for it because no one knows what really happens.

"If I could have your attention." One girl spoke. She was a senior but she had just graduated this year along with some others who were here. I don't now how they choose who helps run this thing or who's idea it even it to run this thing. "I would like to welcome you all to the ninth annual right of passage event. To celebrate the first night here, tonight there will be a party. Everyone should come dressed appropriately and until then you can explore the property and go check out your bedrooms. The rooming lists are on the wall by the kitchen." She finished and Aria ran off towards the wall the girl had been talking about. I didn't really see the point in pushing through to see the list. There was already a crowd of half the year. Aria would check mine too, I know that for a fact. We're like the same person at times with the way we think. We are still different people but there is a lot of things we have in common. Like our hatred for cheerleaders!

"Were roomies!" Aria screeched, bounding over to me. That's really no surprise.

"Let's go before your head explodes."

A Daring Game of SecretsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara