Sticks and Changes

18th September 2015

It's been over 5 weeks now, since everything went down between Lin and Pippa. The other Cast members noticed there was a change between their dynamic, but nobody dared to question it. Nobody but Jasmine, who constantly asked Pippa about it, even though she never got an actual answer. Meanwhile Vanessa and Lins relationship was alright again even though Lin wasn't allowed to go out after a show anymore, unless Vanessa was with him. Everyone else of the cast thought this sucked but for Lin it was a small sacrifice he had to bring, to satisfy Vanessa.

Other than that, everything was as it should be. Jasmine and Anthony were now officially dating and flirted all the time backstage and everyone was low-key excited about that, even the fans were calling them now "Janthony". And the biggest Janthony shipper was definitely Oak since he always gave Anthony ideas for dates and he also encouraged the fans to write Janthony fanfictions, what Jazzy and Anthony just didn't understand.

At Friday, the 18th, they all rehearsed some songs before the show, including helpless, which was again awfully awkward. It's never THIS awkward when they're performing it onstage since they're in the middle of the show and are in character character. Meanwhile in rehearsals they were still Lin and Pippa having to act like they're falling in love for each other.

What nobody knew to that time is that Pippa didn't feel very healthy the past week. She recently suffered from dizziness and nausea but of course she hid it from everyone since it hasn't gotten too bad yet. Even though Steven noticed it and told her to stay at home but of course she wouldn't listen to him.

As they were rehearsing 'helpless' she felt the dizziness hitting her again but she pretended like she was fine, like she always did. It hasn't gotten too bad until the very end, when she just kissed Lin, she broke off the staged kiss sooner than planned and stormed out of the room. Everyone in the room including Lin were left in confusion about what just happened. Lin immediately asked himself if his kisses were getting worse or he had bad breath and that's why Pippa left so suddenly.

After a short silence in the room Renée gave Jazzy a sign and they both left the room too, to see if Pippa was doing alright. The others continued to rehearse other songs which didn't include the schuyler sisters.

Renée and Jazzy walked together to the dressing room of Pippa and knocked on the door. "Pippa?" As they didn't get an answer, they entered the room and immediately went to the bathroom where noises were coming from. Jasmine and Renée both went into the bathroom and saw Pippa having her head over the toilet, throwing up. Immediately Renée went to Pippas side, holding her hair back, while Jazzy stood in the background since she couldn't stand the sight or the smell of vormit. After minutes Pippa sat back from the toilet and laid her back and head against the Wall. "Hey everything will be fine." Renée assured her, after giving her a cold tissue to calm down her headache. "No." Pippa then said and shook her head.

Renée ignored Pippas answer and asked then: "Do you think you can stand up?" "I think so." She answered shortly and Renée helped Pippa up from the bathroom floor and brought her to the couch in the dressing room. Jazzy watched everything but didn't know how she could help so she immediately sat next to Pippa and hugged her gently.

"I go to Lin and tell him, you're off for today." Renée then said but Pippa immediately shook her head. "No, it's gonna be fine. I know it's usually fine again in 15 minutes." She explained. "You're telling us, this isn't the first time this happened?" Jasmine said now with even more concern. "You're taking a day off today. Mother Renée has spoken." After stating this, Renée left the room to tell the cast about it.

"What's wrong Pippa?" Jasmine asked while rubbing Pippas back slightly as she saw her friend was silently crying next to her. "Jazzy?" Pippa whispered after a short silence. "Yes?" "Can you do me a favour and get me something?"

As Pippa and Jasmine were talking, Renée told the rest of the cast that Phillipa won't be performing tonight and so they began to rehearse with the second Eliza. After Lin heard about Pippa not feeling well, he automatically started to worry about her. He wished they would've been closer the past weeks so he could talk to her now and comfort her while she wasn't feeling good. Everyone noticed that Jazzy was missing for the rest of the rehearsals but they all just assumed that she was staying with Phillipa, who needed her. After the rehearsals they had still 60 minutes until the show started, to get a snack, to eat and relax and to get into costume.

Renée immediately went to Pippas dressing room and knocked as she heard a "Come in!" from the other side of the door. She entered the room and closed the door behind her. There was Jasmine sitting on the couch alone and she seemed like she was waiting for something or someone. "Jazzy, where's Pippa?" Renée asked and Jasmine immediately pointed to the bathroom door. Right after that Renée immediately stormed to the bathroom door, thinking Pippa threw up again and since Jazzy couldn't handle vormit, she let her friend alone in the bathroom but Jasmine held her back. "No, No, No, Renée, she's not throwing up again, don't worry." Jasmine immediately said. Right after Renée gave Jasmine a very confused look the bathroom door opened and a crying Phillipa Soo came out of it, holding three sticks.

"They're all positive." Pippa whispered and Renée immediately understood what was going on, while Jasmine immediately went to Pippa and hugged her. Renée joined the hug and there they were, standing hugging each other and trying to comfort Phillipa. After a few minutes of hugging, Renée ended the hug and looked now at Pippa. "So you and Steven are gonna be parents." And exactly that was the part Pippa was scared of, since she was sure it wasn't Steven's Baby but she silently nodded and tried to smile a little bit. There was a big chance that a certain music composer, writer and theatre actor could be the father, which freaked Pippa internally out. Since her and Steven were always careful meanwhile her drunk ass and Lins drunk ass were unpredictable.

"You guys are gonna be the best Parents in this entire word." Jasmine stated and smiled. "First an engagement and now a baby, you two really don't wanna wait." "That's my issue, we didn't plan this at all." Pippa now talked and her fake smile faded slowly. She wasn't lying about that, her and Steven never talked about having children, even though that wasn't the only issue she had.

"You're gonna figure it out." Renée said then and smiled at Phillipa with a big smile. "I bet he's gonna be very excited to be a father. But this doesn't change the fact that you're going home now, so you better call Steven to pick you up." Pippa just smiled half-hearted at Renée's words and called then her fiancé. Meanwhile Jasmine and Renée left Pippa, since they had to get ready for the show.

20 minutes later Steven picked Pippa up and they drove home. In the car there was silence. Nobody wanted to speak first but eventually Steven did. "What did I tell you this morning?" He asked reproachfully. "Yeah I know but I've already made it through the other shows this week, so I thought it wouldn't be a problem today." Phillipa defended herself immediately. "It's alright, Phillipa. You can now lie down in our bed and relax. Hopefully you're feeling better soon." And with that sentence they arrived at their house.

Phillipa slept for the next two hours and woke up at 8pm as Steven woke her up and surprised her with a sweet decorated tray with snacks on it so she can eat something even though she wasn't actually hungry. "I hope you find something you like, I just wasn't sure what food you'd like to eat so I chose some options." Pippa smiled at her kind fiancé. "Thank you Steven." The more she thought about it the more guilt she felt so she had to bring up all her courage to start the upcoming conversation.

"Actually i wanted to talk with you about something." She started the conversation with a now more serious face. "Of course, whats up?" Steven put the tray on Pippas desk next to the bed and now sat down on the bed, right infront of her. "As you realised, I haven't been feeling well lately." Steven nodded worried. "So there's an actual reason behind that." Pippa continued the conversation while her heart beat very fast. "Please don't tell me you're seriously sick, Pippa." He said now very worried as he started to hold her hand and looked deeply into her eyes.

"No, don't worry it's just... I'm pregnant." As the words left her mouth Steven starred at Pippa, trying to figure out if she was for real. "Oh my god." He whispered starring at Pippa. "I know it's not the right time at the moment and there's actually something else I need to tell you about-" "OH MY GOD." Pippa got interrupted in the middle of her sentence as Steven jumped up from the bed. "We're gonna be parents Pippa! This is amazing." He tried to calm down and went to Pippa again who still sat in the bed. He immediately hugged her tightly and smiled. Now she couldn't tell him anything about her hook up with Lin.