Jaci blinked as the touch of his lips sent her senses into overdrive.

"That's all it takes?" teased Jungkook.

Jaci rolled her eyes, but her smile never left her face.

* * *

Later that morning, after cleaning up, Jungkook had slipped into some of his old clothes, while Jaci had borrowed a few things from Sunny's closet. Jungkook promised Sunny wouldn't mind, setting Jaci's mind at ease.

But now they had to deal with a growing, or rather a growling problem — their empty stomachs.

"Now I'm the one starving," groaned Jungkook as he opened the small fridge and peered into it.

"I already looked. We will need to run into town and get some supplies." Jaci sipped at a cup of hot tea she had just finished making. She pressed a cup into her husband's hands and reached up to kiss his cheek.

Jungkook smiled at her over the edge of the mug as he sipped the tea. "No need to go all the way down the mountain. I'll go hunt down some breakfast."

Jaci's eyes widened. "You mean you will literally hunt?"

Jungkook shrugged nonchalantly and grunted.

Jaci slowly sat down at the small wooden table and swallowed. "Jungkook, I know I'm a werewolf now, but I need to ease into that whole side of things." She grimaced as she spoke.

Jungkook chuckled and shook his head. "You won't have to worry about anything. I promise."

Jaci was startled when a loud thud was heard on the front porch. Yips and barks were heard, then diminished.

"What was that?"

Jungkook looked out the kitchen window and giggled. "Looks like we had a couple of visitors. I wonder what they left for us?"

Jaci stood and moved to his side, looking out the window. Without Taehyung there to keep things frosty, the snow had begun to melt, and there wasn't any new snow falling to cover the multiple paw tracks leading up to and away from the cabin.

And she could never unsee the blood trail from something being drug across the melting snow.

Jungkook excitedly kissed Jaci's temple and then jogged to the front door. Throwing it open, he whistled his approval and beckoned Jaci over to see what the commotion had been about.

Jaci carefully rounded the door and gasped at the sight before her.
There on its side with its tongue lolled out was a buck. Its large antlers spoke of the deer's old age, and the size of its body was quite massive.

Next to the deer, a medium-sized cooler sat with a bright yellow envelope attached. Jungkook lifted the cooler, snatching the note off and handing it to Jaci. "You wanna read it?"

Jaci swallowed and nodded. She slipped her first finger under the unsealed corner of the envelope and popped it open. Pulling out a white sheet of paper, she began reading out loud.

"Dear Alpha and Luna,

Taehyung warned us of the lack of edible food at the cabin, so we prepared some things to sustain you while you're away from us. We would have sent it with you last night, but you were nowhere to be found. So that you know, when you run out, you have to come home.

The deer was Jimin and Hoseok's idea. They know how much of an appetite you have, Alpha, and they mentioned something about needing stamina. They're so crass.

Luna, I took the liberty of getting some American-style food from the town so you could enjoy some things from your homeland. I hope you like strawberry pop tarts. There are also some eggs and bacon in the cooler. There are some more local dishes as well. Don't let Alpha make you think we are all savage barbarians who only eat freshly-killed game. We are quite civilized. Well, all except for Jimin and Hoseok.