Chapter Thirty-Nine: Bright

A/n: hi lol ive read your comments in the prev chapter and youre all like "shes over 18 she can do what she wants" and yeah she is but her mother is a control freak and a perfectionist. Let's be real here. No matter how old you are and you can handle yourself you still have to listen your parents even if you're 50 or a hundred bc they're your parents. And Lisa is really istg a pain in our asses and the deal is tate needs to marry cal bc business merger lol so yeah don't sweat it guys it will all make sense soon ;) all the love xx.
-

I woke up with from the awkward sound of people chattering around me.

I looked up and saw a bright light blinding me.

Ugh, thank god it was all just a horrible fucking dream.

I sat up and squinted my eyes to adjust from my surrounding.

Im in my room and I noticed people running around, in and out.

Unfamiliar faces looking down at me and they were all wearing face masks.

My eyes widened in horror as I noticed that my legs were spread a little and there was someone holding my ankles apart.

I felt a pang in my lower belly like something was being scooped inside me but the feeling was faint I was groggy and my vision was blurry.

I heard my mother's laughter in the background which caused me to shriek.

"No..no..my baby!" I cried.

Just when I was about to scream at the top of my lungs, I quickly sat up.

My skin was clammy from all the sweat and tears were rolling down my cheek. It was just a dream.

A nightmare.

I tried to breathe slowly as I catch up to my own phase, I noticed that I was inside the car. My mother driving.

Painless expression on her face.

"Mother..I-"

"I'm very disappointed with you Tatum Malory." She snapped. "What are you thinking? Do you even think? You ruined everything, how are you going to face your consequence now?"

I didn't answer. I used to have smart comebacks but now..I'm just all dried up. Tired.

"I settled an appointment for you tomorrow. You're going to have an abortion."

My heart fell straight to my stomach and the lump on my throat was making it hard for me to even swallow.

I closed my eyes before answering back. "No."

She laughed like a crazy bitch she is, "And you think you have another choice?"

"Mother, I am old enough to do want I want and you can't hold me back no matter what. Drop the press charges on Luke you're being unreasonable! Stop it and just be happy for me for once in your goddammed life!" I yelled.

"I didn't raise you to be a slut! He deserves what he's got! I can't even look at that man without disgust!"

"That man..treats me the way I should be treated. He gives me things that you should've, affection and attention, mother! He gives me that! He loves me and I love him. I'm not having an abortion and I am not marrying Calum!"

"We've been over this a hundred times!"

"I wouldn't care if we go through this a thousand times!"

"Tatum Malory Beck! Have you lost your mind? I am your mother, do not talk to me like that! I didn't raised you to be a fucking slut!"

"You never raised me! All you did was boss me around and use me like a puppet! You dont get to tell me what to do in my life right now, you're nothing to me, mother. You are dead to me!" And with that she slapped me again just enough for me to make a run for it once we stopped at a red light.