Chapter Twelve: An Obscene Movie And A Happy Birthday

I shifted on my car seat a couple of times.

Luke keeps asking me if I was okay or if I needed anything, I would just shake my head every time and tell him I'm fine or I'm okay.

I had no idea what 50 Shades of Grey was about until I've seen what the people in it was doing. It was all about sex and sadism and masochism. I'm not disgusted by it I'm rather interested but I have no intention on re-enacting it. I think.

By the end of the movie, I felt devastated by how it ended. No one deserves pain like that nor being held unto a situation like that either.

"Did you like it?" Luke exclaimed beside me.

I nodded.

"So how was it?" He asked starting the car engine.

"I find it...interesting."

"Interesting? Yeah, why is that?"

"I don't know I think I should read the book first you know?"

"I think you should." He snickered as he drives slowly towards the exit following a red Chevy in front of us.

"I have a question. I'm curious-"

"What is it?"

"Why'd you take me out to watch something like that?" I mumbled fiddling with my fingers.

"I just wanted for you to learn things."

"Learn things?"

"Yeah learn about things you're about to get yourself in to." He smirked looking at me as he bite unto his lower lip.

*

"Good morning, birthday girl" My mother came barging in my room as she lifts all the blinds allowing the sun rays to enter my room.

I covered my face with my duvet.

"Mother please. I need more sleep." I mumbled groggily.

"Now, now darling. Get up and its your birthday. Its not everyday a girl finally turns 18 and into a lady." I felt the edge of my bed sink and my duvet being pulled away from my body.

I sat up and tried to brush the sleep off of my eyes and I yawned loudly causing my mother's face turn into an awful grimace.

"I think I need to educate you more about breeding and etiquette."

I ignored her snide remark and stood up to grab my towel that was resting on the couch.

"Im going to take a shower now, Mother. Please wait for me in a bit I'll be down soon for breakfast." I let out a sigh before closing the door.

*

As I descend the staircase I was greeted by our maids a "Happy Birthday, Miss Beck" and I smiled at them and gave them thanks.

Nana was the last one to do so and I hugged her for it. She was overwhelmed and cried a little of course. I could've let tears fall on my cheek if it wasnt for my mother's voice calling me.

I entered the dining room and of course she was sat on her usual seat. A fake smile on her face and I tried so hard not to roll my eyes.

"Be prepaired for your birthday party tonight, dear" She exclaimed proud of herself as she watches me settle myself down.

"A birthday party? Mother! Seriously? I have no idea about this. I don't want a birthday party! How could you decide on something like this all on your own?" I gritted thru my teeth. I know what she is planning to do. She is going to brag this and that and let people in our house, people even she herself doesn't know very well just to satisfy her thirst on being arrogant.