Chapter 23

a.n— I know I didn't update for a long time. I was trying to catch up on my sleep. Heh. Anyways so in order to make up for the late update, here's a wholesome flashback short chapter of Ji Yung and Hyunjin's story.

Enjoy—

Ji Yung walked into her school, looking to her right and then to her left. No Hyunjin? Okay, No Hyunjin. Ji Yung scanned the room for her boyfriend again.

She had just returned from her short vacation at Shin Min Ah's family resort in the village. Hyunjin wasn't allowed to come because it was a girl's night so he stayed back, leaving a lot of texts to Ji Yung who was enjoying herself back with her bestie.

Hyunjin missed her presence so desperately that he literally just aggressively promised her through text that once he saw her, doesn't matter where, he'll pull her into a kiss and not let go until she loses her breath. Which sounded really heavenly to Ji Yung if she wasn't in school.

She wanted it but didn't want another detention like she got last time for squealing infront of the class, so she was trying to avoid Hyunjin.

The first class was literature ofcourse and he would be there with Ji Yung so she decided to take a safe step to ditch that class and go to the library and read some stories.

However she almost screeched when a hand gripped her wrist by surprise and pushed her against the back of wall behind the shelf.

"LET G-" Ji Yung's voice was muffled by a hand.

"Shhh, it's only me baby." Hyunjin's eyes sparkled mischievously as he leaned in closer to Ji Yung.

"Hyunjin-ah, not here someone will see us." Ji Yung whispered as she tried to push him away and it made a creak.

"Who is there?!!!" The voice of the librarian startled both of them as the sound of steps got louder and both of them understood it was too late to escape.

"We are dead—"

Ji Yung was interrupted by Hyunjin's lips smashing lightly into hers as he brushed off a strand from her face, his hands resting on her cheeks. Ji Yung closed her eyes wrapping both of her hands around his neck and pulled him closer as she kissed him back resulting in a whole zoo erupting in her stomach. Everything else was a blur and she forgot about her surroundings, forgetting completely about how the students or the librarian might see her. 

Hyunjin on the other hand felt so light, he could almost fly, and his heartbeat was becoming faster and faster, which made him wonder he would totally make a fool out himself if he had a heart rate monitor watch. He watches as Ji Yung pulls him in closer, and he can feel his ears heating up, and he was worried about ruining the kiss by shaking too much but nothing like that happened.

When both of them pulled away, Ji Yung was definitely breathless, and her legs were obviously weak, because of how fast heart was pounding. She put her hand on her chest and felt the reverberation of heart, it was going crazy. She could hear the footsteps of the librarian fading away too. She sighed in relief for not getting caught.

Hyunjin wasn't any better either. His face flushed a shade of pink and red while he tried to control his emotions, hell, it just strucks like the very first day. His heart still went wild and his stomach still felt giddy even though they had been dating for a while now.

Hyunjin suddenly had the urge to do something—

He gently cupped her face into his hands and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"I missed you, Ji Yung-ah. A lot." His eyes screamed love at her. He was being completely honest here, because when Ji Yung left, it was like she left with a part of his heart too, because everything felt empty and dark in her absence, and her presence felt like spring and sparkles.

Ji Yung pulled him into a hug, with as much force as she could. Because everything she did without Hyunjin, she wanted to do with him.

"I missed you too." She croaked out.

__________________________