Chapter 1

12.23.21 - 5.29.22 

Xaelux's One of Many Military Encampments:
Stationed Behind the most Northern Mountain Border of the Tula Region
Cloudy, with light winds
17:00 Autumn

The captured and enslaved could feel how tense the knights had become with each and every passing day, dreading their duties. Becoming starved from the normal civilization they were accustomed to. Dreaming of endless entertainment and longing to be touched by the delicate fair hands of a woman... at this point a warm body would do.

The first year of being captured was bearable. Though treatment for being a mutt is worse now than it was in Akron village at least he had Felix. Felix Dunnreigna. A spitfire short ginger boy willingly getting in between a Northern knight and a mutt he calls his best friend. Northern knights, needless to say, were less barbaric than the Western knights who were ordered to destroy villages over the Northern border. Akron was one of the first few to encounter their wrath. Their message of war.

Wraisuniel's militiamen slaughtered every elven they found. Halflings weren't excused of the same fate. Gaelin should have been seen under a cursed weapon of Wraisuniel, but wasn't able to be tried when Felix brought him along to flee; only after Gaelin's human mother was ripped away from Gaelin's very hands and used as a demonstration to the humans and fellow elven who were making their escape.

The plan was to escape and find safe ventures over the mountains behind a waterfall that was known to house refugees. That all went awry when Felix's family and Gaelin were captured by the Northern militia knights while pursuing this plan. Knights and guards that are suppose to protect its people were issued by the messenger from Xaelux's current King, Ares, to capture all humans if humans weren't extinct yet. And elven, well, they possess natural born magic that could very well tap into dark magic. Which is quite popular among 'pointies' these days. For good reason too. Nobody wanted to deal with dark magic, aftermath or the consequences. They were ordered to kill them because elven were more likely to use dark magic than other beings.

Felix begged and pleaded for Gaelin's life to be sparred. All Gaelin could hear was mutters about a deal he wasn't given the details for. He's still breathing because of him. He couldn't be more grateful. As the years went by Felix's family was torn apart. Xaelux's knights were requested to bring humans to the kingdom, preferably female. Felix's mother and younger twin sisters were tied to Yuriols - Eyeless huge furry mammals that walked on four claw-like feet with an insane sense of smell - Felix's two oldest living brothers volunteered to go along, offering to join their army. They accepted. Father was denied because he was far too old to keep up. And Felix chose to stay for Gaelin's sake.

Its been five years since they were captured. Three years since Felix's family was split. And less than half a year of planning an escape route. Well, their fourth escape route.

This escape route is to be taken today. In less than an hour. Felix's father, Norman, was running a little late. And Felix was nowhere to be found.

"Any minute now..." Gaelin whispered in their shared tent, starring at the timepiece he stole from a knight a few nights ago.

There's one more shift rotation for watch duty. This rotation is most crucial since two of the knights, the only knights, usually go off the trail to do whatever it is. Less eyes to watch over their prisoners and its the perfect trail for them to escape.

Gaelin triple checked his small satchel for all his belongings and saved food rations for the trip. His hands clammy and all gripped his satchel close, peering out of a tent hole at a group of guards with a torch making rounds about the tents. Soon their tent would be checked for attendance.