one

- Free //

"A place where we're free. Separate from the rest of the smp." Wilbur says while taking a deep breath.

The smp was a complicated place. Constant disagreements and fights that never ended well. Out of the darkness came an opportunity to be separated from this. To be free from the laws and cruelty of the rest of the smp.

All you had to do was agree with Wilbur, and join his side.

"I'm in." You said with certainty.

Little did you know that this decision would change everything.

-

"The next step is to turn this team into a nation." Wilbur announced to the group of people surrounding him.

"Tommy and I have came up with a name to represent our nation." Wilbur said.

"L'manburg"

-

The citizens of the nation:

Wilbur; Founder, President, Ruler.

Tommy: Co-Founder, Vice-President, Friend (Little brother).

Y/N: Beloved citizen, Trusted, State Secretary.

Fundy: Wilbur's Son, Citizen, Trusted.

Nihachu: Beloved Citizen, Trusted.

Eret: Citizen, Trusted.

Tubbo: Beloved friend + Citizen.

Jack Manifold: Citizen.

Even though the nation was small, it was strong in morals, respect, and other desirable aspects.

-

"L'manburg, it has a ring to it" You say happily.

"It does, doesn't it." Wilbur agrees while grabbing a few drinks.

For a second as you're watching Wilbur you think to your self that this was crazy, but you didn't want to believe it. You shook the thought and followed Wilbur back to the group outside of the hotdog van.

Tommy reaches for a drink before Wilbur stops him, and hands him a glass of water. They laugh a bit before we all start to talk.

"Niki is stronger than she looks." Jack said.

Niki laughs as she looks over her shoulder at Jack.

"Niki's a soldier." You say with a smile.

And that she was, a soldier. And that she would be.

"Y/N is as well, you know." Tommy says to Jack.

Jack was newest member of L'manburg, so he didn't know everyone that well. Jack and you barley had the time to get to know each other yet.

"What's your story, Y/n?" Jack asks while focusing his attention to you.

"It's not that interesting." You say, avoiding the question.

"Come on, I don't even know it." Wilbur complains.

"Fine. I grew up everywhere. In the forest, mainly." You say.

Everyone looks at you.

"Any relatives?" Fundy asks.

"No blood relatives, that I can remember at least. I grew up around this boy. He looked out for me, and I did the same for him. We taught each other a lot, including training together." You explain.

"Training?" Niki questions.

"Raising yourself in the woods isn't easy, you need to train and prepare yourself for the worst. We did what we needed to survive." You said, anger growing in your voice.

Niki nodded and let you continue.

"We stole from small villages when we needed to. Usually nothing came from it, maybe a few angry village people, but that was it, until." You stop yourself.

"Until what?" Jack asks.

You ignored his question and walked away. You walked down the prime path while thinking about your past. You stopped somewhere down the path and sat down. Eventually Niki caught up to you and sat beside you.

She didn't say a word as she wrapped her arm around you. You lean against her and start to cry. Even though Niki didn't know exactly what you were crying about, she understood the pain.

You two sat there for awhile.

"You can go back to L'manburg, I'll be back soon." You say while wiping tears from your eyes.

"Is that what you want?" She asks in a soft tone.

"Yeah, I won't be out long."

Niki nods and starts to walk back.

You think about all the wars you've heard about, but you never knew who exactly these wars were with. You only just met Wilbur and the rest of the crew, before that you were still living in the forest.

You continue walking, not knowing where you were going, as the land was all unfamiliar to you.

You came across a man walking, he looked familiar but you didn't know where you would have seen him before. He looked at you like he knew you.

His two friends were talking to him, but he was still looking at you. His friends dragged him away before you could figure out where you knew him from.

Soon after you start walking back to L'manburg.

When you got there Tommy was sitting just outside of the hotdog van, watering the flowers while humming.

"A little late to water them, don't you think?" You tease.

"Yeah yeah." Tommy laughs.

"Where are you staying tonight?" Tommy asks.

"I don't know." You respond.

"There are some cots in the van, I'll go grab you a few blankets." Tommy offers.

You nod and walk inside the van to find Wilbur writing. You stand in the doorway just admiring, before he notices you.

"Hey." He says with a tired smile.

"You look a bit tired." You say while taking a seat next to him.

"You do as well." Wilbur responds.

You rest your head on his shoulder as your eyes grow heavier. Before you know it you're asleep, but not for long. You wake up to the sound of Tommy dropping something.

As you open your eyes you realize that Wilbur is holding you in his arms as he sets you down onto the cot. You pretended to be asleep as you laid there.

"Tommy, are there any more cots?" Wilbur whispers.

"Fundy took the last few when he went camping, and then I couldn't find the others." Tommy responds.

"Oh, alright. Why don't you head home." Wilbur suggests as he grabs a few more blankets from the back.

"Cya." Tommy says as he walks out.

Wilbur laid a blanket and a pillow on the floor beside the cot and sat down beside you. He stared at you, while he thought you were asleep.

He eventually laid down and went to sleep, and you fell asleep not long after.

-

Authors note:
- suggestions are appreciated!
- i didn't proof read, sorry!
- a vote to each chapter would be appreciated!
thank you! <3