Lam

I woke up with Pha in my arms. It was such a warm feeling that was indescribable to me. If this is what it was like, to wake up to someone, then I will gladly sign up for it any day.

My mind flitted back to my confession to Pha. It also flitted back to the way Pha had made me feel...

As much as I didn't want to admit it, it made me feel so shy. Pha shifted in his sleep and stirred awake.

"Been awake for long?" Pha uttered softly.

I shook my head in disagreement and just held onto him tight. We were just about to snuggle back when we heard knocks on the door followed by his mom's voice. Shit! We both opened our eyes wide and stared at each other.

"Mother, give me a while. I am changing. I be out soon."

We both jumped up from the bed. I quickly put on his clothes and Pha dressed too. Pha texted someone and soon we heard his dad at the door. Pha opened it and his dad was there. His dad beckoned me to follow as he had a route out for me. I nodded and was about to follow him when Pha stopped me.

"Sorry for the sneaky getaway. I.."

I waved away his apology. "Don't be silly. I will text you when I'm home, ok?"
I smiled at Pha and proceeded to leave but Pha quickly sneaked a kiss on me before letting me go. I blushed madly as his father was around me. I followed his dad who sent me off through another entrance. I waiied respectfully to his dad before leaving. But his dad stopped me then; "My wife is a good person. She just needs time.. I hope you don't let go of my Pha. You seem like a good boy. And I am thankful that my Pha has someone like you by his side. Its the happiest I have seen him."

I smiled, bowed and took my leave. I rode off home, not realising that a certain woman was watching me from the windows.

Pha was back at school but our schedules kept us busy. But we made time to meet for breakfast and dinner before he went home. That was our routine minus the texting and calls in between. This went on for a bit.

Soon the end year results came out and I found out that Pha had not only topped his class but his cohort. I was extremely happy and proud of him. Him doing well meant he can come back to the dorms and we can meet more often!

Two days after the results were announced, Pha invited me over to his house for dinner. He said he wanted to take the plunge and introduce me to his mother. I wasn't sure if it was a good move but since Pha wanted it, I went for it.

I tried to dress up properly, with help from Beam and Kit. I went off to Pha's house with flowers for his mom and a bottle of wine for the dinner. Beam assured me it was a sure win. I met Pha at the front door who looked amazing himself. I smiled, sneaked a quick kiss and we went in.

I introduced myself to his parents, and pretended like it was my first time seeing his father too. His father smirked at me sneakily. I gave the flowers to his mother. She accepted it with a smile and walked towards the dinner table. I thought she was going to place it on the table. But she continued walking past it and dumped the fresh flowers in the bin!

I just stared at her in shock. I didn't see that coming. "MOTHER! What do you think you are doing!?!? That was Lam's present to you. That was so rude."

His mother strode over and gave Pha a resounding slap. "Hey!" I yelled out. His father held me back, shaking his head no. Pha was stunned at his mother who just gave him a dirty look and turned towards me.

"I already told you from the start Pha, that love doesn't pay. Plus look at this guy. Do you even think he is anywhere near our level? And how dare you love a guy when I told you it's not right, it's wrong?!! Do you really think I do not know who he is? Sneaking away like a cheap whore or a gigolo, isn't that it?"

I gripped my hands tightly biting back all retorts. But before Pha could respond, his father slapped her. One tight resounding slap that reverberated throughout the room. We were all stunned.

"Take back your words. The last part. He doesn't deserve it. How dare you say such a thing about another boy? Just because you are rich doesn't mean you can say anything Sik. Say sorry now. You are so quick to judge. But did you even bother to find out who this boy was before you retorted like that?!?"

I swivelled to look at Pha's dad. Don't tell me he knows about my family. I don't tell anyone so that nobody treats me any differently. Pha was just looking at us in confusion.

"This boy is at least easily 50-100 times richer than us. He comes from generations of wealth. However, he doesn't breathe a single word because he doesn't want to be treated nicely just for his money. He's actually the grandson of the construction mega mogul Park Thon Jumpit."

I pinched my nose in frustration. Pha's father had really done his research on me. I saw Pha stunned and take a step back. His mother sat on the chair, stunned.

This was going places I didn't expect to. And there seemed no way out of it.