Pha

I was quite consumed by my studying that I failed to pay attention to the time. Around 9pm, I heard a knock on my door. I was puzzled over whom it could be.

I opened it only to see Lam at the door. I cocked my head at him in confusion until I remembered his uniform! Oh no, I had forgotten to wash it!

Lam just smiled when he saw my face. He just waved off my apology and took his uniform. He also handed me dinner. I offered for him to come in but he mentioned he was busy and left. I just let it be and went back to my table. I sat down and trifled through dinner, realising Lam had bought my favorites. How had he ever known? I was quite surprised. I texted him to say thank you and he just mentioned "No problem". Indeed he was a man of few words.

I ate my dinner and was surfing through the campus fan pages when I realized there was a trending picture. It was one of Lam beating the Engineering boys up. The hashtags were the ones that caught my eye; #phalam #lamlovespha #boyfiebattles.

My eyes widened reading that!!! Omg, what the fuck were these people thinking?!?!?! More importantly, what would Lam think?!!? Is that why he was distant earlier?!?! Or was it just him being cool again?? I face palmed and wanted to just burrow into a hole and faint.

I opened my phone, wanting to text Lam but no idea on what to say. In the end, 10 minutes later, I just gave up, deciding to ignore the fan pages. I am sure it will die down after a while. I mean who would keep up with all these right?

Right?

Boy was I wrong. So, so wrong. This whole so called romance fandom went on and it was splashed all over the pages the next few days. All kinds of photos of Lam in that fight, some even managed to get photos of him at the hospital, him delivering dinner to me, it all got published. I didn't know how he felt about as I haven't been able to see him. Our schedules were just too different, which then also made me realise that despite our vastly different schedules, Lam had consistently made time for me when I was down and out. He was indeed such a nice friend.

I wanted to text him on it but never gathered the courage. This whole thing went on until Saturday night st the bar when I finally lost it. I was flirting with some girls when their friends walked up to me with their boyfriends and scolded me for cheating on Lam. I just swivelled and this time, I let my anger get the better of me; not very pretty I must say.

"In case you haven't noticed, Lam is a guy and I am a guy who happens to like women. PUSSIES. NOT DICKS. I don't fancy having a dick shoved up my ass."

That was by far, the least classiest shit I ever said. Was not proud of it at all but all these ribbing and fandom shit was getting to me. I couldn't even hang out in a bar in peace. I said all of that and turned around only to see Park glaring at me.

I went "Hey Park" when he punched me right in my face. I fell back in shock and nearly onto the floor if one of the other guys hadn't supported me. I looked over at Park in shock who wanted to hit me further but Forth came forward and pulled him away. Beam ran to me, wondering if I was OK. I just nodded my head numbly and he brought me over to sit.

It was a very awkward silence; with Park glaring at me. Beam and Forth horrifyingly quiet since they couldn't or didn't know what to say. I was stunned and Lam wasn't there. But just as I was thinking of Lam, he walked up, puzzled by the awkward atmosphere. He looked at Park and me and barked, "What happened? Why do you both look so weird?".

I kept quiet, fearful of agitating Park. Park stood up and walked away. Lam tried to grab him but he kept going. Lam looked at me but I kept my eyes downcast firmly. Lam's phone beeped, I looked up meekly just to see him going after Park.

I looked down and for the first time that night, I felt like something was going on horribly wrong and I felt like I had a part to play. Majorly.