16 Six months later

Youta was taken to therapy to get over his trauma and was diagnosed with PTSD, anxiety and claustrophobia. He had to time off school and had to be home schooled instead, with Karma and Gakushū taking turns taking care of him. The parents were uncomfortable leaving him alone for too long, and his grandparents, aunts and friends would often visit to help with his recovery

At night, Karma and Gakushū would be woken up by screams coming from the room next door. They'd burst inside only to find Youta thrashing and screaming, begging for their help.

It was the most painful six months of their life.

Youta's also couldn't stand the sight of cameras anymore.

Every time he sees one he would suddenly have a flashback to when he was abused in that dark cell while a video camera recorded everything, this would cause him to have a break down.

Youta's view of the world, once light and optimistic, now became jaded.

Karma also lost his trust in the police after their failure of keeping Valentine detained, allowing the bastard to walk freely, travel across states and kidnap their son. He also couldn't get over how they were treated back at the crime scene, how they cared more about preserving the crime scene's authenticity than getting Youta help

The family were riddled with stress, anger, despair, and anxiety.

Their family and friends couldn't stomach to see them like this anymore

"He's changed" Rio mentioned to her husband once. "Karma's just a hollow version of who he was before, it hurts seeing him this way"

"He's not the only one, Gakushū's been a paranoid mess, always looking over his shoulder, suspicious of every stranger, which us understandable given what they went through" Ren said bitterly.

Youta barely leaves his room, barely eats unless he was force fed or when he goes to therapy

Gakushū and Karma hadn't left their house either, their groceries are delivered to them by family and friends.

"That fucking psycho twat destroyed them!" Nanami raged. "But he's behind bars now, he can't reach them anymore" Mira, her wife, reassured.

"Oh ho! But that was what we thought back in italy and how did that turn out?!"

Mira watched her wife cover her face with her hands. "My poor little brother has lost weight and is suffering paranoia, my brother in law lost his faith in the world and my nephew has trauma" she sobs.

Mira hugged her wife tightly. "Shhh, it will be okay, eventually..."

"I haven't seen any of them smile in months" Nanami moans in despair.

Listening to their conversation, their seventeen year old daughter and son looked at each other with worry. If this continues, their whole family will fall apart, they haven't seen their little cousin in months because Youta always turned them away.

They miss how things were before, but now everything was crap.

"How about we....visit Youta-kun?" Alice suggests. "He won't open the door to us" Alex reminded.

"No harm trying again right?" Alice smiles.

The twins went to the Asano Akabane residence and rang the door bell. It was opened by a tired looking Gakushū, he seemed surprised to see them. "Oh, I wasn't expecting you" he tried to smile at them but was too tired to do so. "Here to see Youta again?"

"We brought fruit" Alice held up a fruit basket, which warmed Gakushū's stone cold heart, just a bit. "Yeah thanks, come in" he opened the door wider and let the teenagers in.

The twins went to Youta's room.

The sight of the closed door, which was usually left wide open and welcomed anyone inside, made the twins shiver as if a cold air blew at them.

Alice knocked on the door gently. "Youta-kun? It's us! Your Alice-nee-san and Alex-nii-san" she greeted cheerfully. "We really miss you, and we're not going to force ourselves inside, we just came to say that..." Pausing to gather her thoughts for a moment, Alex took over

"What happened wasn't your fault"

This was the first time anyone mentioned or hinted at what happened six months ago to Youta, Karma, or Gakushū.

"It wasn't your fault or your dads' fault. They couldn't have known, you couldn't have expected that. Everything that happened isn't your fault or because of you, that maniac is behind bars and he's far away from you now"

Alice took over

"Youta-kun, we know you're struggling, is still suffering, but we want to let you know that you are loved and cherished, everyone adores you and misses you. Whenever you are ready to talk, we'll be here"

Alex went on

"Not just us, grandma Suki and grandpa Gakuho too, plus your friends and aunts, we love you Youta"

They saw his shadow from under the door coming near them.

There was a thump against the door.

Did Youta press himself against it

"You're the light of your dads life, and you're our angel despite your personality" they heard a snort come from inside, causing the twins to feel relief at the reaction. "We'll visit again tomorrow" Alice says before leading her brother down stairs.

They met Karma at the bottom of the stairs, leaning against the rail with cross arms. He nodded at them in acknowledgement. Alice and Alex nodded back, walking past him.

________________

The next day, the news revealed that Valentine was supposed to be put on death sentence and that there was a petition for him to be put on the electric chair. However because he wasn't a japanese citizen and the Italian government got involved, he was instead given a life imprisonment, and will be isolated from society. This caused many angry protests, but because Valentine wasn't from japan, there was really nothing they could do.

Karma nearly broke the T.V screen when he watched that.

As the twins promised they visited again, with another gift basket in hand

They talked to Youta through the door, hearing no response but they were sure he was listening

Another month passed, and a small miracle happened. Youta left his room, and ate a full meal with his parents

Two days later Mikoto an Kaito came to play games

An hour later Riko visited and hugged Youta as soon as the two saw each other. Youta was surprised, since Riko was rarely a touchy person, but he returned the bone crushing hug.

Then a week afterwards, Youta started coming back to school. It was strange for him, coming back after missing half a year, enduring the pitying glances and whispers. He was also kept under surveillance by his teachers, probably ordered by his grandfather.

They were subtle about it though, and he appreciates them for it.

Two more months afterwards, Karma and Gakushū returned to work, and seemed to be slowly reverting back to their old selves

Riko and Mikoto constantly worried over Youta, but when Youta purposely caused a catastrophe with his chemicals during science class turning everyone's skin green for three days, they knew their Youta was back.

And then before they knew it a year has passed