15

How long has it been since the nightmare he experienced? Two weeks?

Youta is still in the hospital, his friends and family visits him every single day.

It was painful to look at him really, Karma's fists clenches whenever the wires that connect him to the heart machine jiggle with each movement, the beeping machine became a steady background noise against the suffocating silence.

When Sakakibara Riko first visited, he was steady, eyes unreadable. He approached his unconscious best friend's bed, placed a hand on his head, and gently started stroking it. Then, the older boy pulls out a book from his bag and began reading it out loud for him.

Next came Mikoto and Kaito. Youta was awake then, and had tried to smile at the but was too emotionally and physically weak after what he was put through. Mikoto had a bouquet of flowers she picked herself from their garden, and gently whispered a "get well soon" to him

Kaito urged him to heal faster because the school wasn't the same without him

Yoshino gave him a teddy bear and a wide smile of innocence "we miss you Youta!" He had told the boy. This simple act nearly made Youta break down

Karma sits on the soft cushion of the sofa, watching his son sleep.

All he does was eat, drink his medicine, watch a bit of tv, and then sleep again.

The doctors promised he'll be better in another week, much to everyone's relief.

Karma stands up and walks to his son's bed, gently parting his bangs. His son's brows were furrowed, and he would let our occasional whimpers, was he having a nightmare?

Indeed he was.

Youta dreamt that he was back in that damp cell. That the lunatic Valentine was looming over him, holding that scalpel

He dreamt that he was being held by his hair, the scalpel slashing his arms and legs, and, rather disturbingly, the man licking his cheek.

He thrashed in bed, and started creaming, tears running down his cheek. "DADDY!" he screams helplessly. Karma calls for the nurses who came running in

One of them injected Youta with a calming drug and instantly the boy stopped thrashing, his heart beat slowing down. Karma ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. "Fucking hell" he almost cried in self pity.

Another week passed, and Youta was free to go

Arriving back at the mansion, the smell of home and safety carried a comforting weight when Youta begins to float away into the painful and haunting memories of what happened in the warehouse.

Youta lies in bed, surrounded himself with as many pillows as he could grab, and leans against his pillow with a sigh.

There was a plate of untouched food sitting on his desk table.

Youta can't phantom the thought of eating anymore because his still healing ribs throbbed painfully

His papa opens the door and pokes his head in. Noticing the untouched food, he sighed.

"I know your pain medication makes you feel sick but you gotta eat more than this baby" his papa said quietly, cupping Youta's swollen cheek.

When Gakushū lays beside him, Youta presses his face against the cotton shirt. Out of nowhere Valentine's voice echoed in his head

"Youuuuta~" he shuddered.

"Don't think about that now, don't think about it, just don't"

"Papa, don't leave me" he begged.

Gakushū hums soothingly and kisses his baby's temple. "I'm here Youta...I'm here"