"Blaise! Let's go! Grab the ball and go!" I heard Slater yelling behind him.

Oh, I frowned.

Of course, that is why he hadn't come to play. Blaise looked down towards the ground and my eyes followed. The brown football lay in the middle of the milkweed. He reached down to grab it and I frowned.

"My caterpillar," I whined as I saw the furry baby squished from the football.

Stupid football, I hated football.

I looked to the boy who was still crouching down next to me. He frowned as he looked down at the dead bug. "I'm sorry," He commented as I frowned. "This caterpillar was nothing but nice to you yesterday and you killed him today! You killed my caterpillar!" Blaise looked at me in alarm as I panicked.

"Mon père va t'en acheter un nouveau ! Je m'excuse!" I furrowed my eyebrows.
(My father will buy you a new one! I apologize!)

"Are you from this earth?" He spoke funny.

"Blaise bro, let's go, dude. We got to smack some sense into these losers!" Slater ran up behind us out of breath. Slater froze when he saw my upset face, immediately glaring at Slater. He promised he wouldn't steal him from me and that's exactly what he did. Blaise could have been playing with me this entire time.

"Whats wrong Sage?" He panicked as I pointed to the squished bug. Staring at me, then Blaise, and then the bug—he froze. "Sage, it's a caterpillar." He frowned at my sad face. That's when he leaned forward, hugging me.

"It was my friend," I watched as Blaise's face turned red. "My only friend left since you already took the one friend I made," I whined as Slater pulled back from me. "Blaise?" He asked me before looking at him. I nodded, "Yeah. Blaise was my friend and then you took him." Slater shook his head.

"Calm down sis—you'll see him this weekend." I paused.

Huh? I got to see this glorious best friend of mine this weekend? I had the pleasure of seeing him again?

"This is your sister?" There he was with that weird voice again. Was his tongue stuck in his throat? "My twin- I'm older than her though. So this is my little sister," My brother clarified while wrapping his arms around me.

Awe—was he showing me off?

"Anyways," My brother ripped the football out of Blaise's arms before taking off in the opposite direction. I smiled at Blaise as he fumbled with his uniform. "I'm sorry about your caterpillars." I smiled at his apology.

"It's okay," He went to spin on his feet and walk back towards my brother but I couldn't lose my only friend just yet. Not after he just murdered my last friend.

"Wait, Blaise! What's your favorite color? Mine is blue or green— it reminds me of the earth before we destroyed it. Do you recycle? My favorite number is three." I reached for his hand but he moved too fast for me to grab it. I wanted to know everything. I wanted to know him. I yearned for him to want to know me like I wanted to know him.

"You talk a lot." Why was he emotionless all of a sudden?

"You're welcome," I gave him a small smile as he nodded wanting to walk away. "Are you from here?" It was like word vomit, I couldn't help it. "What?" He asked in response to my question.

"You sound funny," I giggled as he turned and faced me. He had bright blue eyes and darkish hair, he was cute.

And more importantly, he had smacked me with a door. True love happens when the door to the face gets whacking, as Uncle Reese says.

"I'm French," He offered me a smile and for a moment I melted like melted mint chocolate chip ice cream on a hot day. Holy guacamole, he was so pretty.

"Like fries?" I asked as he laughed. "Yeah," He started to walk away again.