VI. Revelation

Mind Waves

Chapter 6: Revelation

By. TheBirdWhoCannotFly

Jackson

As soon as I left Dakota's house, I felt that something was about to happen. My anger felt out of control. Who does that asshole think he is? If Dakota wants to see me and if I want to see him, who says we can't? It's our lives, our choices. Whoever that was, I wish he would just butt the fuck out. He was most likely from that damn gang of Dakotas. I know it's not the whole group's fault we can't associate, but I'm bitter. As much as I shouldn't blame them, I do. My body grew warmer and my head felt as though it was filled with lead.

I stomped into my house, not even glancing in the living room at my low-life father. I ran up to my room. I paced for a few minutes, using both of my hands to push on both sides of my head. It felt like if I moved them, my head would crack in two. I groaned. All I could think about was Dakota's stupid face as he saw me leave. He looked so sad. If he wanted me to stay, all he had to do was say so. But he cant. Because he's trying to protect me. Fucking hell.

Why did he have to be so selfless? Why can't he be selfish for once? Why can't he try getting what he wants? I stood in the middle of my room, continuing to push on the sides of my head. The pain increased. All at once, the pressure released like air from a balloon. As a result, all of the furniture and things in my room that surrounded me got pushed away. Things fell, my bed went diagonal, a dresser too. I stared at the mess around me in awe. I did that? Something dripped from my nose. I put my hand under it to catch whatever it was. Blood.

After getting the blood to stop, I felt somewhat better. Now I was very tired. My body felt exhausted. Eyes drooping, I collapsed onto my bed, not even bothering to fix anything.

What was happening to me?

~

I woke up the next day. I'd slept 17 hours the night before. That's not natural. Before that thing happened to my room, I wasn't tired at all. Whatever it was, it must have put some kind of strain on my body. and it only seems to happen in times of strong emotions. Maybe that's it's trigger?

It's never happened before now. There has to be something that changed. The only thing I can think of is Dakota. It never happened until he came into the picture. My confusion lasted until I got to school, where I met with Gabe and forgot about it. For the time being.

"What's up?" Gabe asked as he bit off the end of a granola bar. No surprise, it was raining today. We sat on the ledge of a cement wall outside of the school. The hood of my black jacket covered my head from the water droplets falling from the sky.

"Nothing. Why?" I replied while avoiding eye contact because then I'd be given away immediately.

"You seem distracted." He answered, his mouth full of granola. I shrugged. There was a long pause before Gabe asked a question I wasn't expecting. "Does it have anything to do with Dakota Williams?" My eyes grew wide and my head snapped up to look at him.

"How did you know that?"

He sighed. "You've been acting weird since you met him." Gabe looked at me with an odd look. I couldn't discern what it meant, but it looked like he was tired of whatever was going on with me. He wasn't the only one.

"I wouldn't say that..." I replied, but I knew he was somewhat right. What about Dakota's existence changed me so much? I looked up to the sky and watched the clouds move slowly, water drops hitting my cheeks. I looked back down in time to see Dakota coming from the parking lot. He wore a black beanie and a grey pea coat. His features were strong and cold. It was as if he could look at someone the wrong way and turn them to stone. I hadn't realized my gaze followed him as he approached the front door. His beautiful brown eyes slid my way as he walked, but he didn't openly acknowledge me. It seemed like something pained him.