"It was your lungs wasn't it?"

Evania blinked. "I never-"

"When we switched bodies, I noticed that although I didn't have to breathe, when I did it felt like I couldn't. Like it was harder to fill my lungs. I didn't think it was strange since not breathing wasn't an issue, but I always caught myself going to breathe, then fighting the panic of not being able to."

Evania blinked before rolling her eyes. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you'd notice."

"But that brings up the question, Pureblooded vampires whom gift immortality can cure cancer. It should have been healed." Sylvia noted.

"It was." Evania nodded, before placing her hand over her chest. "But when I was turned, I was living and struggling with this for years. The damage was already done."

"It's all scar tissue..."

"I think so. I want to know how bad it is."

"But... Why? If you're a vampire you don't need to-" Sylvia blinked, staring at the expression on her other half's face. "You want to be human... But I thought-"

"I haven't decided anything yet." Evania answered. "And before you panic even more, even if I became human again I still want to be immortal with you and I would ask Alice to make it so." Evania reached forward, wrapping her arms around Sylvia and pulling her into a hug, pressing her head against the pounding heart in the succubus' chest. "I'll never leave you, ever. And I know how much trouble you went through so I could talk again, and I don't want to take that effort for granted by making it pointless... but..."

Sylvia wrapped her arms around her Treasure and squeezed her tightly. "Eva, if you wanted to be human again, I'd never be upset with you. I just thought you didn't want to be. You said you wanted to be able to protect me... I thought..."

"Yes. I love the power that comes with this. My curse has become a gift ever since I met you, and I haven't felt powerless in such a long time. But there's still a part of me that hates this... the need to feed off people to survive. It doesn't bother me so much anymore, but I hated it for so long that it's engrained in me... I don't think I'd ever cure myself, but if becoming human means I can barely do anything because my lungs are so destroyed... I guess I just want to know..."

Sylvia held her for a long time, and Evania listened to her pounding heart for what felt like minutes before it finally began to slow. Sylvia's arms tightened around her before she slowly released her, gently pushing her back to take hold of her cheeks, running her thumbs under the vampire's eyes.

Sylvia's bright smile was so contagious, even as tears started to fall down the vampire's cheeks she couldn't help but smile back. That same toothy, childish grin she wore the first day they met. The same eyes that would always see the good in everything around her. The same Sylvia she fell in love with.

"Of course I'll go with you Treasure. No matter what happens or what choice you make I'll always be with you, so don't you worry about a thing. If you want to be human, then human you'll be. You're still going to be my mate and my Treasure, and if it makes you more comfortable then I'm all for it."

Evania reached up, grabbing Sylvia's cheeks before pulling her down for a happy kiss before pressing her forehead to Sylvia's as she closed her eyes. Even without looking, she could sense the grin on her succubus' face and knew how absolutely happy she was to see her Treasure happy.

"Let's go talk to my mom."

"Give yourself a bit. Your eyes are still puffy." Sylvia told her, once again rubbing her thumbs under the vampire's eyes.