26

Matias' POV:

It's pretty clear when Everest enters full heat, and it comes before I hit the point of my rut where I mostly lose my coherency. I'm thankful for it, so I can take in my mate's neediness and fully take care of him, but I'm also feeling the impact of my rut.

When there was a knock at the front door, two days into our cycles, I snarled and immediately felt bad because it made Everest panic. When Matteo came into the room and said he was just checking on us, I snarled at him and demanded he leave because I could smell another Alpha in my house.

My poor mate was frantic and curled up on the bed while I paced our whole house and ensured there was no other Alpha in my space.

Everest was shivering in fear and on the edge of an anxiety attack when I returned, which kept me in our room for the rest of the day, cuddling my mate and begging forgiveness.

Now, today, we are both three days into our cycles, and it's hard to hold back. Since Everest is completely lost to his horny Omega headspace and demanding I fuck him every second of the day.

Not that I mind, of course! My entire mindset right now consists of protecting and fucking my mate, while also making sure that he gets some food and water between rounds.

Right now, he's sleeping beside me, but he's going to be pissed off when he wakes up. Not because he wants more sleep, but because I was hungry while he slept so I (goddess forbid) pulled out of him to go get myself some fruit from the kitchen.

I'm back beside him now, and I can tell that his heat is really living up to the name, as he's flushed all over and sweating. I turn up the fan in the corner of our room, but it's already kind of chilly in here.

My poor mate.

Everest starts to stir and looks behind himself before he finds me in the corner of the room. "Why are you over there?" he asks me, his voice a bit scratchy from all of the screaming he's already done.

"I was turning up the fan," I tell him, laying back down beside him and smirking as I spot the bruises all over his neck that I left there. "You're close to overheating, baby."

Everest turns over to face me and reaches down, grabbing my thigh and then inching his fingers toward my cock, which is already excited by the attention it's receiving.

"I don't care, it's called a heat," he says, kissing my collar bones and licking my mate mark, which makes me shiver. "I thought you'd be with me when I woke up..."

I chuckle, knowing he's trying to be pouty on purpose in order to get my attention. "Oh, don't be so sad, love," I purr, kissing his forehead. "You're being pouty on purpose, aren't you?"

"It usually makes you get inside of me quicker," he comments, rolling his eyes.

My inner wolf does not appreciate our Omega rolling his eyes at us and being snarky. So, I push him onto his stomach and land a harsh slap to his ass, making him squeak in surprise.

"Don't be a brat, Omega," I growl, kissing the dimples of his lower back before spreading his ass cheeks and admiring his little pink hole which is leaking slick.

I shove my face between his cheeks and rub my tongue over his tight little hole and lap up the sweet slick dripping from it. I can hear his high pitched moans and whines for me to fill him up with my cock and knot him.

"Alpha!" he howls helplessly, and I feel his hand in my hair, trying to pull me away. "I need your cock!"

I growl when he touches my hair, and the sound makes him panic and pull his hand away from me. I immediately cover his body with mine and hug him because I hadn't meant to growl like that.