27

Everest's POV:

I've been in and out of control of my mind and I can tell Matias is on the exact same page as I am. I can see it in his eyes, as they've been primarily golden and not their normal, warm brown that I love.

I'm glad that our wolves are back, don't get me wrong, but I'd kind of prefer to just be with Matias right now and be fully conscious.

"Thanks," my wolf grumbles, still being snappy with me despite his complete submission with Matias and his wolf. "Glad to be back sharing a mind with you."

"Ah, shut it and go back to begging our mate," I respond, since Matias isn't fucking me right now and Matias is whipped for me, but his wolf is absolutely in love with mine.

That's how the mate bonds works, but his wolf would do whatever mine wanted. Matias would do the same, but it's not as instinctual and possessive in the way that our wolves are.

Matias is asleep behind me, holding me so close to him that it's impossible for me to do anything unless I want to risk waking him up. Since he's been a bit tired through this heat and rut cycle, I don't want to wake him up.

Heats are exhausting, ruts are exhausting, but lined up cycles put a bit more exhaustion on the Alpha. It's not as if his cycle is more difficult, but he does feel way more possessive and wants to protect me, so he tires himself out more. He'll only sleep if he's exhausted, but his rut drives the want to stay awake to make sure I'm safe and no one will hurt me.

I'm facing him, thankfully, so I can admire how relaxed he looks when asleep. Even though I should leave him alone, I can't help from reaching up and playing with his hair. I'm just running my fingers through it, and it feels a little sweaty.

As soon as the thought crosses my mind, I start to panic because I definitely have not showered in a couple of days and I've been sweating! I can't present myself to my Alpha like this!

My whimper bursts out before I can stop it, and Matias must feel my anxiety rising through our mate mark because he instantly opens his eyes. His eyes are mostly brown, but I can see gold around his pupil.

"What's wrong, angel?" he asks softly, nuzzling my forehead. "Everest?"

I shiver. "I need to shower," I whisper, and then look at the sheets where my nest has been skewed around us. "And then we need to move my nest, change the sheets, and then I'll rebuild it."

Matias does not seemed too bothered by my words or the gross state of our bed, but he gets up anyway and lets go of me so I can follow him. He leads me to the bathroom and turns on the shower in order to let the water warm up.

I'm only wearing one of his shirts, and he's completely naked already. My mate comes over to me and grabs the bottom of my shirt and slowly pulls it over my head.

He's smirking and I see where he's looking; the marks all over my neck were made by him and he's been, obviously, very possessive. Of course he'd be cocky about it.

"I could just eat you up, Omega," he purrs, leaning forward and kissing my lips and wrapping his arms around my body.

My cramps are making an appearance and I feel slick starting to leak down my leg. Today will mostly likely be the peak, and I should stay in bed, but I'm desperate to clean myself for my Alpha. This is our first cycle together, after all; what if he ends up thinking I'm not good enough because I'm not clean.

"I can feel your fears, my love," Matias whispers, clutching his mark with one hand. "What's wrong?"

I shrug, looking down at the floor.