The back of her nightdress was grasped, her eyes flew open and she saw Rosh holding her clothes at the nape.

''What are you doing——Kyaa! Let-let me go! Waah!''

She screeched when she was suddenly lifted from the ground. Rosh had a sly smile, he slowly glided up through the shadows of the trees.

''Are you ready for a ride, Anya?'' He asked.

Without waiting for an answer, both of them shot up straight to the dark night sky. He was supported by the shadows wrapped in his legs, they posed as his floors in the missing ground of the air. He held Anya who was shaking and screaming her guts out.

''AAAAAAAHHH!!''

The boy picked his ear, irritated by her screams.

''Calm down.''

''AAAHH! I'M FALLING! HE'S GONNA KILL ME!!!''

''You're not falling, you're literally floati——''

''I'M DYING!! WAAH!''

''Yes, you're dying. A dying pig, that is. Coz' you sound like one right now!''

''HELP ME, SISTER! WAAAHH AAAHH!!''

Rosh closed his eyes trying to calm himself before raising his brow, he just processed what she said just now. Sister..?

''Look you——''

''AAAAAAAAHHH!''

That's it. He snapped.

''For the love of fvck! Can you lower down your voice?! The neighboring kingdom could hear you!''

''...'' Both of them went silent.

His sudden outburst made the girl tear up and let out a shaky breath. It was the first time someone had ever scolded her, except her sister. ''Hik..hik...''

Uh-oh.

Rosh gulped. He knew what was coming. Shit.

''U-UWAAAAAHHH!''

''Godd@mmit!''

Rosh looked at the faintly sobbing girl with deadpanned eyes. He was haggard and looked as if he just lost five years of his life.

It was the first time he felt dealing with something was so exhausting. Especially with a little girl like her.

His eye twitched before he took a deep breath.

''So. Have you calmed down?'' He tried to sound fine without letting her notice his frustration.

After all, he didn't want to deal with her haunting, loud cries anymore or his ears might bleed.

Anya nodded gently before sniffling. She rubbed her reddish nose and her teary doe eyes.

Rosh created a more stable magic using shadows for her not to be scared anymore. He just noticed she was afraid of heights. He used the shadows to produce a rectangular form that wavers like a cloth. They're literally sitting down...on a magic carpet ride. (A/N: Please, someone get the reference.)

''Good. Now, tell me the direction of your house, I'll take you home.'' He claimed.

Anya looked at him with curious eyes. ''You're...not gonna kill me?''

Her question created a tick mark on his forehead and he glared at her. Does he look like a murder-maniac to everyone? He's pretty sure he looks harmless.....most of the time.

Seeing his glare, she immediately coughed and smiled awkwardly.

''Haha, yes of course. My home is that way.'' She avoided his eyes and pointed forward.