What felt like hours just walking, Curly finally spotted a gas station. Though, there were no cars parked nearby or anybody inside, Curly thought it would be a good idea to buy a drink and to pick-pocket some small items. Then, perhaps the drink could refreshen his mind to decide on a place to go.

Walking into the store, the lighting of the room made Curly squint his eyes but the warmth of the store made his skin sigh with relief, this only made him more exhausted.

The store clerk greeted him with a smile and warned him about closing soon. Curly simply nodded as he patiently waited for his eyes to adjust to the light.

Going up and down the aisles, he couldn't decide on what to get and he could tell the gas station attendant was getting annoyed and to add on to his annoyance, Curly knocked a small and fragile bookshelf down from where he was standing, "Oops," he said, smiling sheepishly at the clerk, immediately walking the opposite direction when he noticed that the worker was walking towards him.

The smile vanished from the clerks face, as he kneeled down to pick up the bookshelf and the books that were now on the ground, "You did that on purpose," he sighed, neatly placing the books to where they belonged. Curly took this as an opportunity to pick-pocket useless items in his pocket such as: a lighter, a blue shiny switchblade, a new pack of cigarettes and some candy.

"I really didn't," Curly lied, trying not to chuckle at the man.

As soon as the worker finished placing the bookshelf to its original spot, he made his way back to the register, fighting the urge to gawk at Curly, who also made his way to the register with a bottle of soda in his hand.

"Is this it?" The store clerk groaned, "that'll be twenty-five cents."

Curly nodded at the man and handed him fifty cents, "keep the change," he said, giving the clerk a smirk and walking off with his soft drink.

"Stay outta trouble, kid," the worker mumbled but Curly choose to ignore him. The clerk didn't know who he was or what he's capable of doing.

Walking towards the exit. Curly gripped tightly onto the cold, metal hand bar of the glass door. Staring distantly at the starry night, Curly didn't want to step a foot outside in the dark and cold.

Being afraid of the dark tonight made him feel like a child. He knew he was better than this. He was stronger than most but this wrenching, cold and brutal night made him feel weak.

Something inside him could sense the presence of something or someone waiting for him. He could tell he was someone's prey and he was sure it wasn't his brother's gang following him. Although, he would be more than relieved if it were.

Curly could also sense the beady little stare the clerk was giving him behind his back. He knew he'd been standing in one spot for a while and fought the urge to annoy the worker even more by just standing a little longer.

As he inwardly cursed, he opened the glass door wide open and walked out of the store.

His fears following him behind.

Stepping out of the store, Curly was immediately hit by a blast of cold air. He shivered as he felt the chill run down his spine. The wind was howling, making the trees rustle and sway. The sound was eerie and unsettling, like a chorus of ghosts. The smell of the night air was sharp and crisp, like freshly cut grass. It was invigorating, but also made him feel more awake and alert to the danger he knew was lurking. The coldness seeped into his bones, making him feel small and vulnerable. He knew he had to keep moving, but he couldn't shake the feeling that something was watching him from the shadows.