40

*Four Years Later*

"Josh!" I yell from the garage.

"Yeah?" He peaks his head through the door. "Dude." He steps all the way through. "You look good." He nods, a smile covering his face.

"Do I?" I ask. "Do you think she'll like it?" I turn back around and look in the tiny mirror, brushing off my collar.

"Yeah man." He smiles.

"I can't believe I'm doing this." I sigh, wringing my hands from the anxiety.

"It's gonna be okay man. You two were made for each other, and there's no way she will say no." He walks up behind me, squeezing my shoulder.

"I hope so." I smile in the reflection at him.

"I will say this again. You hurt her, I kill you." He grins.

"I won't." I chuckle.

"Good. Now, let me see it." He throws up his jazz hands, and I pull the little box out of my pocket. "Oh Jakey." He gawks down at the small ring. "That's perfect!"

"Thanks. I had it custom made. Nothing in the store seemed Bailey." I shake my head smiling.

"Well." He looks back up at me. "Let's go get you engaged."

"Everyone!" Josh stands, tapping a knife to his beer. "Attention please!" everyone stops talking, but laughs at Josh's deer toast. "Today is a very special day, for it is the 20th time the sun has made it way around the earth, symbolizing the birth of our dear friend, Bailey. You are an amazing woman, though your temper is absolutely horrifying." Every laughs at his joke, even Bailey. "Now. I won't make this too long, so I'll keep it short." He looks down at her, smiling ear to ear. "Bales. Your my best friend." He quickly turn to me. "Sorry Jake." Everyone chuckles.

"So much for twins." I roll my eyes mockingly, send him a smile anyways. He turns back to her, still wearing that big smile.

"Bales. I love you. Your the greatest gift the universe has brought to all of us. Happy birthday." He clinks beers with Bailey, and everyone claps.

"Wow. I didn't know he could actually keep his speeches short." Sam belly laughs at Danny's joke, sending everyone into a fit of giggles.

"Well it's only because someone else needs to make a speech." Josh turns to me, holding his hand out. "Ladies and gentlemen, Jake." He sits, and I stand. I was nervous before, but my legs didn't feel like jello then.

"Uhm.. okay." I sigh. "Hello everyone." I turn and smile to all of our guests. "Today is a special day, not only is it my loves birthday, but a day that will change our lives forever." I look at her, and I see how beautiful she looks. In a dark green dress, that hugs her body better than anything else ever has. Her soft curled red hair framing her face. I walk my way over to her, and I can't take my eyes away. The small little bump sticking out, where she keeps our little joy safe. "If you would stand." I hold my hand out for her to take, and she does.

"What are you doing?" She giggles.

"Something I should have done in high school." I chuckle. She stands, still holding my hand. "Bailey. I've loved you ever since we were little kids playing in this very back yard. I've loved you from the moment you've punched Sam, started singing with Josh, Bigfoot hunting with Danny, and when you looked at me for the first time. Your the most amazing woman, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you." I pull the little ring out of my pocket, and I start to kneel down.

"Jacob Thomas!" She gasps, covering her mouth. I smile back up at her, tears in my eyes.

"Bailey. I love you. And I want to spend the rest of my days loving you." I open the box, and her eyes dart from mine to the ring. "Would you do my the honor, of becoming Mrs. Jacob Kiszka?" I watch as tears fall from her eyes. She moves her hand away from her face, and she looks at me.

"I'm sorry." She sighs.

"What?" I whisper.

"I'm sorry." She shakes her head. "I feel bad that," a smile forms on her lips. "I feel bad that no other woman will be able to call you hers." My eyes widen.

"So is that-" I can't even finish my question before she yells.

"Yes!" She throws her hands up in the air. "Yes! Yes!" I stand, wrapping her up in my arms, spinning us around. I could hear everyone clapping and cheering, but in this moment, it was just me and her.

"I love you." I whisper in her neck.

"I love you." I can hear it in her voice that she's smiling. And that's all that I've ever wanted.