36

"Bailey." I brush the hair out of her face, tucking it gently behind her ear. "Bailey." I kiss her temple, trying to wake her up. She starts to shift in her seat, yawning. "Baby, we're home." Her eyes crack open, but all she does is open her arms. "I have to carry you?" I chuckle. She slightly nods, and I scoop her up in my arms. I start to carry her inside, creeping my way down the stairs. "If i would have known I would be carrying you all the time, I would have started working out more."

"Is this your way of calling me fat?" She side glances at me, and I gently sit her down on my bed.

"No. This is my way of calling me skinny and scrawny." I untuck the covers, letting her crawl in.

"Your not skinny and scrawny. Sam is." She giggles up at me. "Lay with me?" Sue pats next to her, making a smile crawl on my face.

"Fine." I sigh. She sends me a smile. As I get under the covers, she intertwines herself with me.

"Did you have fun?" She asks, nuzzling her face into my neck.

"Of course I did." I kiss the top of her head, and she sighs. "Did you?"

"Of course I did." She giggles.

"Well. I'm glad. I worked so hard all week." I smirk.

"What do you mean?" She bolts up, glaring at me.

"I had to cook you dinner." I chuckle. "It's not easy being a top chef."

"Oh whatever." She flops next to me, her hair covering my face.

"Oh look at this." I start brushing the hair out of my eyes. "My new wig came in." She busts out laughing, and I follow after. Our laughs and giggles fill the room, echoing off the walls covered in posters. It goes quiet for a short minute, us catching our breath from laughing. Then all of a sudden..

"Oooh!" Josh flops on top of us, sending bailey flying through the air, knocking the wind out of me with his elbow.

"Jesus Christ!" Bailey screams, landing back on the bed. She turns her head and stares down Josh, who's laying all innocent between us.

"Hey guys." He winks at me. "You two come around her often?"

"What the hell are you doing?" I roll my eyes.

"Mom has sent me on a journey." He lays on his stomach, kicking his feet in the air behind him.

"A journey?" Bailey questions.

"Mhm." He smiles.

"What?" She asks again.

"Mom told me to make sure no babies are made." He turns to look at me. "So hands off my Bailey."

"Dude." I grunt. "Like we get any privacy when your not literally in between us."

"Wellll...." He starts to chuckle to himself.

"What?" I nudge him.

"I didn't tell her about our little trip, but Sammy may have-" He quickly covers his head as Bailey jumps off the bed, sprinting to go find Sam. "Oh shit." He lifts his head. "Sammy run!" He yells.

"Oh lord." I roll over, mashing my face into the pillow.

"Ya know..." Josh starts to mumble.

"Don't." I grunt. "Don't even start."

"Okay.." he sighs.

"Mom!" Sam yells from the couch.

"What?" She calls back to him from the kitchen.

"I need another ice pack!" He yells.

"I'll get him one." I sigh, walking over to the freezer.

"Did you have to beat him that hard?" Josh turns to Bailey.

"He needs to learn to keep his mouth shut." Mom giggles, chopping away at dinner.

"Thank you." Bailey smiles to Josh.

"I think it's funny." I walk behind Bailey, kissing the top of her head.

"Right. Well, we have a show in a couple of days, I would prefer if our bassist isn't bruised." He crosses his arms.

"Why do you think I beat his ass, and not his face." Bailey smirks.

"Alright." Mom laughs at the both of them.

"Here." I toss Sam the ice pack.

"Thank you." He hands me the other one.

"Dude!" I hold it up. "This thing is warm! Like warm warm!"

"I was sitting on it!" Sam yells.

"I guess that means you got a hot ass." Bailey laughs.

"Shut up!" Sam turns his head to her. All she does is raises a brow, and Sam shrinks back in his seat.

"Careful Sammy. She's always locked and loaded." I chuckle, walking back into the kitchen.

"Jake, can you take out the meat please?" Mom asks me.

"Sure thing." I grab the oven mitts, reaching in for the steaks.

"Hey honey." I hear mom say behind me. I stand back up, setting the tray aside. I see the look on dads face and I can tell it's not good.

"Bailey, can I speak with you?" Dad turns from mom to face bailey.

"What about?" She asks.

"I think it's better if we talk alone." He sighs. Bailey looks at me, and then shakes her head.

"Here is fine." She nods her head. She's a stubborn little thing, but that's one of the many reasons why I love her.

"Alright then." Dad looks at mom. "I had a meeting with CPS today, and we talked about your situation." Bailey nods. I walk over to her, and stand behind, placing my hand on her shoulder. Her hand finds it's way on top of mine. "Since your not 18 yet, we can't take legal guardian ship of you." He sighs. "They said that you either have to stay with your parents, or with Dolly."

"Dolly?" I ask.

"My grandma." Bailey sighs.

"You only have a few months until your 18. You can then decide to live here if that's what you want." Dad nods to her.

Maybe it's because Ive been around Bailey for a while now, but I can feel the disappointment radiating off of her.

"There's another way." Josh stands up, and quickly walks to his room. We all look at him when he comes back with a folder full of papers. "She can go to court and ask the Judge to sign this." He slides a paper over to Bailey.

Emancipation papers.