20

"Ladies and gentle men, Miss Bailey." The crowd cheers, and bailey walks up to the mic.

"Hey guys. This first one is going to a cover of a Zeppelin song." I roll my eyes. Of course she would. "A few friends of mine is gonna help me out." As I walk closer to the stage Sam walks out bass in hand. I make my way to the front and I look at him. All he does is shrugs and smiles. Then Danny walks out. What the hell?

"Wow." Josh stands behind me. I turn to him and see him gawking up at the stage.

"Did you know?" I ask.

"No idea. But it's a good one." He smirks. "Where did you put your guitar?" He asks.

"I just have it in the case in the back. Why?" And he smiles at me while I hear my name called.

"Jake?" I look up at Bailey. "You wanna play?" She smiles down at me and i roll my eyes and chuckle. I push my way to to the stage, Danny handing me my guitar.

"Thanks man." I smirk at him, and make my way to Bailey. "So much for a heads up."

"You would have said no." She giggles.

"I would never say no to playing with you." I wink at her and take my spot. She turns to all of us.

"You ready boys?" She grins.

"Hell yeah!" Sam yells. She turns to Danny and he nods. Finally turning to me, and I smile.

"Let's rock and roll." I yell over the crowd. She walks up to the mic. I start playing. Her voice growls over the rest of the sound, shocking everyone, including me. She closes her eyes and start feeling it.

"Oh yeah! Oh yeah! Oh oh oh." Her voice is incredible. Easily surpasses Josh, but we won't tell him that. The crowd yells and hollers, throwing their hands up singing along. I look into the crowd and see mom nodding along. I never thought I would enjoy playing a Zeppelin song, but when it's for her, I'd play it any day.

"Thank you." She laughs into the mic. We get off stage and I quickly throw my guitar to Sam, who grunts.

"Why can't you put it away?" He huffs.

"I gotta go see my girl!" I yell. He rolls his eyes but leaves. I rush back to the front, trying my best not to shove into people. I look up at the stage and she looks over the crowd. "Lovely to see you all." Her hair shines in the sun, and her ivory skin looks like milk. The outfit she has on is... I feel myself blush. I grip the edge of the stage, trying not to make it obvious. "This next one is for a boy." The crowd ooos and she blushes too. "This is for you Amata." She glances down at me, a smile forever stuck on her pretty face.

She sits on a stool, throwing her guitar strap over her head.

"Holy.." I whisper.

"What's wrong?" Josh asks me, tapping my arm.

"Uhm. Nothing. It's just hot. Very hot." I peel my eyes away from her and look at Josh. "Very.. hot... outside." I awkwardly grin at him. He just laughs and shakes his head.

I turn to look back at Bailey, and she starts to play.

"I can still recall, our last summer, I still see it all," her voice is soft, and angelic. I feel myself relax at the sound. "Walking along the seine, laughing in the rain, our last summer, memories that remain."

"This is so pretty." Josh whispers.

"I know." I smile at her.

"I wonder who that guy is." He grunts.

"No idea." I answer.

"We made our way along the river, and we sat down in the grass by the Eiffel Tower, I was so happy that we met, it was the age of no regret, oh yes," I fold my arms on the stage, staring up at her with a smile. She's breathtaking. And her hands slide up and down the guitar, softly, gently. Her skills have gotten better.
"Those crazy years, that was the time of the flower-power, but underneath, we had a fear of flying, of growing old, a fear of slowly dying, we took our chance, like we were dancing our last dance," I feel the emotion. Her playing sends chills through me. "I can still recall, our last summer, I still see it all, in the tourist jam, 'round the notre dame, our last summer, walking hand in hand,"

"Who ever that guy is... is one lucky son of a bitch." He sighs. I smirk to myself.

"For sure." I just watch as she looks out to the crowd, smiling and swaying with the music.

"I can still recall, our last summer, I still see it all, walks along the seine, laughing in the rain, our last summer, memories that remain." She finishes and stands up. The crowd cheers and you can hear awes, and the smiles fill their faces. I knew anything she preformed they would love. And I love that it was for me. Not for them, but me. She waves and leaves the stage, and I run after her.

"Bales!" Josh yells. She turns around. "That was amazing!" He scoops her up and hugs her.

"Josh, your squeezing a little tight." She huffs out.

"Oh sorry." He laughs and set her down.

"That was rad bales!" Sam and Danny walk up and high five her.

"Thanks Sam." She smiles.

"So who's Amata?" Danny laughs elbowing Sam. Sam quickly looks between Bailey and me.

"Just someone really special." She grins. Her cheeks go red.

"Bales? Do you need some water?" Josh asks.

"Water would be great!" She laughs, sounding a little too enthusiastic.

"We will go get you some." Sam pulls Josh by his shirt, Danny following behind. Once they are out of view, I smile down at her. She looks up at me. I laugh and scoop her up, twirling her around.

"That was.." I set her down and she blushes up at me. "Was that for me? Or should I be worried about some other guy?" I ask.

"It was for you." She tucks some hair behind her ear, looking down. "I wanted to do something nice." Feeling a bloom of joy I lean down and kiss her cheek. Her head tosses up and she stares at me.

"What? I just wanted to do something nice." I smile at her. She laughs, her head throwing back. My favorite sound, other than her singing. Her singing is number one.

Sneaking little touches, hands grazing each other, smiles placed on each other's faces, i help put her guitar away, trying to stay near her for as long as I can.

The worst thing about us is we can't be public. Not yet. But deep deep down, I want to shout her name from the roof, letting everyone know.