Vacation Time! P2

We hadn't even gotten to the hotel before rain came crashing down. It was cold and hard.

"C-crap... we forgot to check the weather forecast." I propped my available hand up to block the crashing rain. "We should get a taxi. We might get sick." He nodded and pulled me to a sidewalk.

He came to a stop and went to the side of the sidewalk. "Okay... we just wait here, I suppose." He took off his coat and gave it to me.

"Don't you need this?" I tried to give it back but he refused. "You'll catch a cold."

Rui shook his head. "And so will you. Besides, a cold is nothing." He put the coat back on me before shivering.

"Rui. Listen to me." I sighed. "You aren't getting sick if I can have anything to do with it." I hugged him and buried my head.

He felt extremely cold. I could tell that the weather started to affect him. "Fufu, I'm okay. Just use the coat to stay warm."

We heard a car pull up behind us. "You getting in or what?" A taxi, and the man in it was waving to us. We took the hint and got in.

"What brings you to New York? I haven't seen you around here." The taxi driver asked as he helped us put the luggage into the vehicle.

"We are on vacation. We came from Tokyo." Rui replied as he and the driver closed the door to the trunk.

"Interesting. Where are you headed?" The taxi driver got into his seat after we got into ours.

I pitched in. "The Andaz 5th Avenue hotel." All other top hotels were too vintage for us, so we settled on that one.

"Alright." The driver looked to us. We he had to turn his head back. "That'll be $14.66."

Rui nodded and handed him the money. "Keep the change." He smiled as the driver pocketed it.

"Have a nice day!" The taxi driver waved as he drove away. Here we were, at our hotel in New York. The rain had cleared by then.

"Let's check in, Fufu." Rui smiled and carried my bags for me.

"Hi, what do you need today?" The clerk asked.

"We have a room booked." I fiddled with my hands as my fiancé did the talking. "It's under Kamishiro."

That got me thinking. Who's last name would we take once we got married? Rui never seemed as close to his family as I did, meaning that the family name meant less to him. I'd have to ask him later.

"You are all checked in! Your room is right up the elevator. Floor 6 in the South Wing." The clerk smiled. "Have a nice day!"

We got into the elevator. Surprisingly, there was no one else in there, despite the hotel being very popular.

"So..." I mumbled while staring at the floor.

"Hm?"

I sighed. "I was just wondering," I thought over what I was about to say, "when we'll get married."

He looked slightly surprised, but his expression quickly changed into a smile. "I'm not sure. Would you like it to be soon, Fufu?"

I nodded. "Soon, if that's okay, of course—"

Rui cut me off with a kiss. "Whatever time you wish. I swear eternal love to you, no matter what happens. I will do whatever you wish for me to do." He held up my finger with my ring. "Until the day I die."

I blushed as I responded. "I swear e-eternal love to you too." He chuckled.

We were cut off with the door opening. "That's our stop." Rui took my hand and we went searching for the room.

"I'm worn out already." I plopped onto the bed. "Can we call it a day?"

"Of course." Rui came over and patted my head. "Would you like me to join you?"

"Yea." He meant for us to sleep together.

"I'll be right back then, Fufu." He walked off to the bathroom, leaving me to think about marriage some more. Tenma or Kamishiro?

It took him a minute to return. My mind was on our eventual marriage.

"Okay, I'm back." He smiled as he pulled blankets over me. He climbed in too.

"Night, Rui. I love you."

"Night. I love you too,"