A Welcome Surprise

"Happy birthday, Fufu." Rui smiled as I opened my eyes.

"Oh yea!" I blushed sheepishly. "I completely forgot!" How I could forget my own birthday was beyond me.

He kissed me on the lips. Although it had been multiple months since we got together, I still had not gotten over how nice it felt. "Silly Fufu~" he sang cutely.

"I just forgot. That's all." I pouted as he laughed. His admirable laugh erased every bit of embarrassment that I had.

"I love you." He smiled.

"I love you too."

"Happy birthday Tsukasa!" Miku cheered. Emu, Nene, Rui, and the Virtual Singers all agreed to treat me to a party at the Sekai.

"Thank you." I smiled. Rui gently put his hand on my wrist.

KAITO carried out a cake. "Let's eat!" He beamed, obviously proud of the cake.

I immediately took a bite. It tasted really good, and the others seemed to think so. They get on eating and eating it until there were only crumbs.

"That was so good!" Emu complimented KAITO's cooking, to which he thanked her. "The strawberry flavor tasted so good!"

"Let's give him his presents." Len offered, sounding excited. We nodded in reply.

Everyone but Rui set down a present. He kept his fist closed in his pocket and avoided eye contact. I knew something was off, but I couldn't place it.

Len and Rin got me collectible figures of themselves. Miku got me a keychain, Luka bought me an acting skills book, MEIKO and KAITO gifted bracelets that they clearly made. Emu and Nene worked together on a painting of Wonderland x Showtime.

Rui remained quiet, looking extremely nervous. I walked over to comfort him, but he just sighed. "Fufu," he finally spoke "I love you more then anything else. Y-you are my sunshine, and I want to spend my whole life with you." I felt my eyes widen as he got on one knee. "Would you join me, and take my hand in marriage?" He opened a box in his hand to reveal a ring.

"R-Rui?!" I could hardly speak. Everyone else had their eyes on us, and I couldn't breathe. I tried to pull myself together. "Of course."

I began to cry as he slid the ring onto my finger, and he did too. Unlike the last time I cried, these tears were pure happiness. We hugged tightly, and the others began to clap.

We sat on his bed, still holding each other. Suddenly, I decided to interrupt the peaceful silence. "When are we telling Saki and mom?"

He stroked my hair as he replied. "Whenever you are ready. Of course, we should tell them before we send any invitations to our wedding." The sudden realization that we would be husbands before long hit me like a truck. I wanted him to be legally mine, and this was how that happens. His lips fell on mine again, and I happily returned the kiss.

—— 

This was short, but it is a major plot point. So that makes up for it I suppose? That being said, this is not the end. I will make our boys experience even more shenanigans now that they are engaged. 

So— I forgot to put this beforehand but although Tsukasa said multiple months, I meant that it was long enough to get them out of high school. I initially decided against this but I edited it in, leaving a few typos. My apologies.