Nightmares and Adoration

"I can't believe I called you my boyfriend!" Rui screamed at me, as he soon threw a fist to my face. I yelled in pain. "You are nothing but a useless slob!" Another punch, this time to the eye. I screamed again.

"Rui! What the hell is wrong with you!" I countered, well aware that I couldn't win the fight. "I cannot believe that I saw something in you. Our love was just a giant fabrication!"

And with that, Rui walked away as I fell to the ground and cried.

"No!" I screamed as I woke. Rui was awake, and it was not even 3 am according to the clock. He stared at me.

"F-Fufu?" He stuttered as he spoke. I could tell that I worried him. "Did you have a nightmare?" I nodded as he sighed. "What was it about?" He wiped a tear from my eye.

"You. Something happened and you started screaming about how I was a 'useless slob'. You started punching me." I began to cry harder.

To my surprise, he held me and started to sob as well. Soon enough, his shirt was stained with my tears and mine was stained with his.

I felt his hand shakily travel down my voice. "I'm sorry..." Rui's voice sounded desperate. "It was just a dream. Don't be afraid." He went from crying to trying to calm me. "I love you."

I tried to stop the tears rolling down my eyes. "I love you too."

He smiled weakly. "I know it's dumb, but can you call me babe? Only has to be once." He blushed and turned in embarrassment.

"Anything for you," I closed my eyes, well aware that he was going to kiss me "babe."

I was right. He kissed me and played with my hair. As a whole, our kisses have gotten deeper and more affectionate. I loved them.

It was almost four hours since I had the nightmare, and thankfully I had completely forgotten about it. I was more concerned about the fact that Rui and I were snuggling on the couch while watching YouTube.

Rui clicked on a video for a Nintendo Switch game. I didn't pay enough attention to know the game. I was too busy enjoying the affection between him and I to notice something such as that.

"Fufu, want to play a game?" He smiled as I agreed. "Great!" He passed me a joy-con.

"There were new courses on Mario Kart that were released recently with the DLC. Can we play it?" I felt as if I had stars in my eyes.

"Of course." He used his joy-con to navigate the E-Shop. He clicked on the DLC and bought it.

At long last, he got into the game. He clicked on the multiplayer and then the grand prix.

I watched him make his selection. It was interesting to me that he chose Link out of all of the available options. He didn't seem like a Link fan. His eyes turned to me and I panicked, so I hurried up and just chose Luigi.

He put great care in his vehicle combination, while I just threw together what looked the best. He chuckled as he selected a cup.

"You beat me! How?" I yelled as it was revealed that he scored above me. "I thought that I, the great Tsukasa, would've taught you a lesson!" I pouted into his chest.

He kissed my forehead. "It takes time and practice. Even still, you did great." He smiled.

"Despite that, it was fun!" I cheered, secretly trying to fight the urge to fall asleep on him.

"I agree." I felt him pat my head, much to my surprise and delight. I tried not to purr, but that effort was to no avail. I looked up to see him blushing madly. I felt drunk as I hugged him.

"Fufu? Are you sick?" Rui began to panic. "Hold on, let me get a thermometer." He attempted to stand, but I pushed him back down.

"I... may have drank a bit when you went to the store." I suddenly felt extremely tired. I didn't handle long before falling asleep.

"Aww... onii-chan and his boyfriend are cuddling!" Saki's fangirling work me up, but Rui was still sleeping.

"Shut up." I gently gestured to Rui. "Don't wake him up."

"Well okay then." She left the room.

I couldn't contain my admiration. Between his face and his quiet snore, I adored him more then I thought was possible. "Oh my sweet Rui," I held him closer "I love you. You never have to worry about not being enough, or that I'm too good for you. You are my everything." I ignored how sappy I was being and placed him on my chest.