Dealing with a Sick Boyfriend

I woke up in my own bed. I looked around, hoping to see Rui, but he was nowhere in sight.

I grabbed my phone and looked to see if I got any texts from him.

"Let's see." I scrolled through my notifications. "Oh. He said that he has a fever." I sighed and put my phone away. "I know! I'll make him a soup!"

It was hardly 7am, and I was up preparing soup for Rui. I wanted to make it as nutritious as possible, but I left out the vegetables so he would actually taste it.

I wasn't the greatest at cooking, but I still tried my hardest to make him something that he would love. I had a recipe pulled up on my phone to guide me.

After a long while of cooking, I was finally ready to deliver it to him. "Although I'm not the best at cooking, it's important to try and help the ones I care about!" I spoke in a cheery voice.

I got to Rui's door and knocked. I knew that he wouldn't come to the door, but I still waited for a grunt or greeting.

"Come in." His voice sounded like a whine. I immediately opened the door and saw him laying on the couch.

He had dreary eyes and looked like he was burning up. He was holding tight onto a pillow and crying as sweat formed on his face. I never thought I would see him so miserable.

I set the soup down and walked closer to him. "Fufu, did you make me something?" He shook as he spoke. I scurried to grab the soup off the counter. I patted his head as I showed him the contents. "Did you... make this?" He grunted again as I nodded.

"Of course. I'm not the best at cooking, but I will do anything for my Rui-kun!" He smiled at me through the pain.

"Thank you, Fufu." He chuckled, but it was followed with a loud cough. "Could I have the soup now? I'd like to try your special cooking."

I nodded and ran to get the dish. When I returned, Rui was sobbing again.

"Rui-kun!" I set the soup down on the coffee table and got to his eye level. "What happened? Are you okay?" Rui continued to cry as I took his temperature again. He was up to 39° Celsius.

"It hurts." He grabbed my shirt and cried into it. "Get me medicine!" His yelling startled me.

"Okay. I'll go to the pharmacy and get you some." I held him close before giving him my soup. "Just have some of this, and call me if you need anything. I'll be just down the road."

I grabbed his keys and ID before running into his car.

"I really hope Rui will be alright." I said to myself, trying to speak over the radio. "I luckily haven't gotten a call from him yet, so he must be holding in pretty well."

I pulled into the pharmacy parking lot and parked Rui's car. I hurried into the building as flashbacks to my boyfriend crying filled my mind. I didn't want him to suffer any longer.

"May I see his ID?" The pharmacist asked me. I pulled out his ID and let her scan it. "Here you go. Tell him to take one of these pills once every six hours until he feels better."

"Thank you." I picked up the medication bottle and walked back to the car.

I opened the door hastily. Rui was still crying aggressively.

"Thank god." He sniffled as he eyed the medicine in my hand. "Can I have that medicine now?"

"Of course." I grabbed a pill out of the bottle. "You can have one of these every six hours."

Rui sighed and stuck his tongue out. I hesitated before dropping the pill on his tongue, trying to avoid contact with it. He closed his mouth and swallowed the medicine with a gulp.

"Fufu." He smiled despite still burning up. "Once I get better, can I sleep with you again?" His eyes gleamed with hope.

I blushed at the question, but finally managed to respond. "Sure." I wanted to more than I was willing to admit. I had already fully fell for him at that point.

"Very well then. I hope I will have a fast recovery." Rui seemed very happy at that moment.