THIRTEEN

He sat in the tub, his sore and aching body feeling relaxed in the warm water. He opens his eyes and almost hisses at the brightness.

"Ah, you're awake"

He looks to his right and sees Jasper standing by the door, whiskey glass full of blood in his hand.

"What time is it?" Joseph asks. Jasper glances at his black Richard Mille watch.

"2 in the afternoon."

"Whoa....." Joseph whispers. He closes his eyes and last night's events flash in his mind. He blushes and looks at Jasper.

"8 rounds"

"Hm?"

"We went for 8 rounds last night...I don't think I'd ever go again"

Jasper kneels besides the tub and gives Joseph a kiss.

"You'll be fine mon ange, I'll take care of you"

Joseph licks his lips as he tastes the blood in Jasper's saliva. It was sweet.

"Odd"

"What is?" Jasper asks. Joseph smacks his lips as he continues to lick them.

"Is blood normally that sweet?"

Jasper chuckles.

"The change is beginning. You won't feel the need to drink blood so don't worry"

"But I can still drink it?"

Jasper nods and pats Joseph on the head.

"I have somewhere to be today, getting new stock"

"You mean....your food?"

Jasper nods and Joseph sighs.

"Will I be alone all day?"

"I'll be back in an hour, tops"

"Okay okay"

Jasper watches his stand up, Joseph's body covered in bites and scratches.

"Joseph"

"Hm?"

"I love you"

Joseph froze for a moment. Then he smiles.

"I love you too"

━━━ • ✙ • ━━━

"To Matthew and David

By the time you're reading this I'll be gone. Don't worry, Jasper came to get me so I'll be at his place. There's something about Jasper you should know, he is a vampire. Don't worry though, he only hunts the bad people.

Anyway, thank you for being my friends and I'll be seeing you at the vatican soon. If I can convince Jasper that is.

Love, Joseph"

Matthew was in a mix of emotions. Joseph left without a goodbye, ran away with a vampire...that kills the bad people?

"Don't think too much of it" David says as he folded the letter.

"Why not? How can we be sure that the Vampire isn't going to kill Joseph"

David smiles.

"I doubt it....Joseph would've been dead by now but that Vampire wants Joseph for something else which is either to please his sexual desire or for love"

"I don't know how you can be this reasonable. Anyway, is your room packed? We're leaving on Saturday"

"Everything is sorted out. There is a charity event in town we can attend and probably introduce our services there"