FIVE

Continuation.....

Jasper holds the crowbar in his hand and pries the other end of the bar against the casket lid. Joseph watched in excitement.

Nail by nail, Jasper was closer to opening it
when the last nail hit the floor, both men shared a look.

"You did it"

Jasper smiles.

"I did"

They pop the lid open and a foul smell filled the room making the two cover their noses, inside was a man, hands on his chest covered in dust. Joseph frowns.

"Odd"

"What?" Jasper asks.

"For someone buried so deep, he seems.....Fresh"

Jasper steps closer, trying not to throw up from the smell. Joseph was indeed correct, this man looked like he was just put in this casket!

Joseph reaches out a hand but Jasper stoped him.

"What are you doing?"

"Trying to see if he's real"

Jasper looked at Joseph in bewilderment.

"He's definitely real! Can't you see his open eyes!"
There was a silence.

"Did you say...open eyes?"

They look back at the man in the casket and indeed his eyes were open and what's worse, they were looking around the room!

"What the hell is this!" Jasper exclaimed as he stepped away.

"Interesting....it seems this man is...still alive"

Interesting?!

"Step away from him" Jasper said in worry, Joseph didn't listen as he kept poked the man in the face.

"His facial structure is still compact, and his teeth. They're so dark!"

"Joseph step away from that thing!" Jasper yelled. Joseph turns around with a frown.

"Oh come on! He's an old man, what is he going to- ah!"

"Joseph!"

Right before his eyes, Jasper watched as this man held Joseph by the neck, then he snarls, dark teeth turning into sharp fangs. Jasper gasps and grabs the crow bar.

"Hit him!" Joseph cried out in panic. Jasper strikes the man in the head and earns a growl, followed by a harsh punch to the gut. The last thing Jasper heard was Joseph's cries of pain followed by ferral growls.

━━━ • ✙ • ━━━

When Jasper woke up, he was in the hospital. He sits up and could see Joseph across from him, unconscious and he had gauze around his neck and wrists.

"Joseph" he whispers. He gets off his his bed and stumbles to Joseph's bed. He held the man's hand, he was cold!

"Joseph....wake up"

His heart aches for Joseph.

"Joseph, there has been something I've been meaning to tell you, but you have to wake up first okay?"

But Joseph didn't move, Jasper rubs Joseph's hand on his cheek, a lonely tear flowing fown his face.

"I'll stay here until you wake up, okay?"

Then the doctor walks in and Jasper immediately let Joseph's hand.

"Do you know this man?" The doctor asks.