ELEVEN

When they arrived at the seminary, Joseph went straight to his bible study class. On the other hand, David and Matthew head inside the church.

"You really think it's best we let him go? He might receive his calling here" David speaks up. Matthew sighs.

"Joseph is a young adult, if he wants to come back after seeing the world then we'll welcome him with open arms. Clearly he's broken a vow and he feels guilty. The best we can do for him is to ease that guilt"

David nods in understanding.

"I'll have a talk with him after the evening mass"

"Of course"

David walks up the altar and adjusts the white cloth covering the table. Matthew then placed a light green corporal cloth on top, they smile at each other.

"I feel like I need to have a confessional session"

David chuckles, shaking his head.

"Please, not now"

Matthew grazes his thumb over The Father's fingers.

"Are you sure?"

David placed the chalice and covers with it a purificator and a pall.

"Maybe after the service tonight"

Matthew smirks in victory.

"I can't wait"

━━━ • ✙ • ━━━

Joseph makes his way back to his room. His mind flashing with images of him and Jasper, his face would get red and he'd be forced to cover it with a scarf.

He closes the door and sighs as he looks at his unmade bed.

"This vampire is getting the best of me"

Once he had done his bed, there was a knock on the door and Matthew enters the room.

"Joseph"

"Deacon Matthew....is there a problem?"

Matthew gestures for him to have a seat.

"I have a question for you"

"Okay?" He frowns, he's never seen Matthew this serious before. Matthew sighs.

"I want you to think about this....are you really ready to be in your position of a laity?"

"I don't think I understand"

"Do you want to be here forever Joseph?"

Joseph frowns. Where was this coming from? Is it because he went out?

"Is this because of what happened this morning? It'll never happen again"

Matthew scoffs

"Joseph, you're a young man who's yet to see the world and you have to remember you didn't get a calling like us, you were forced here"

"But....but I want to stay"

"And continue sneaking around? Why do you think David and I are leaving?"

Joseph was taken aback by the question, the he gasps when he realised what Matthew was implying.

"Are you and Father David.....no"

Matthew nods.

"We are and we've decided to leave this parish to seek the place that will suit us. Many people in the LGBTQI+ community are suffering because some people weaponize the word of God against them. David and I feel like we can do something to help"