NINE

The vampire lies on his bed alone, the deafening silence justified what he was feeling at the moment. He missed Joseph.

He turns to his left side, hand resting on the empty space next to him.

"The next few days will have to be fun for him, I want him to fall for me not because of the past" he murmurs.

There was a hoot from an owl and Jasper slid off the bed, the white silk bedding drapping over where he once laid.

He looks out the window and could see the seminary from below.

"Sweet dreams mon ange"

━━━ • ✙ • ━━━

"You went on a hike?"

He nods. Matthew and David share a look.

"Joseph you don't have to lie to us, where did you go?"

Joseph sighed.

"I'm telling you the truth, I went up the hill" he said, it wasn't a lie. He did go up the hill, no?

"Alright then, next time leave a message. There's a vampire out there you know"

Joseph nodded.

"Apologies for worrying you. It's getting late, I'll go to bed"

They watched him walk out of the office. Matthew sighs, shaking his head.

"Something is not right"

David held him by the hand.

"I believe you but Joseph is back and safe, we can all be at ease again"

He nods his head, then looks at David.

"Sleepover?"

David blushes and looks away.

"I need time to heal David"

Matthew chuckles and pecks his lips.

"We don't have to do anything, just lay in bed and....chat"

David hums, knowing very well that was not going to happen. He pats David on the chest.

"It's Wednesday tomorrow, I have to prepare a sermon"

"Too bad" Matthew whispered and gives David another kiss.

"I'll see you tomorrow morning then"

━━━ • ✙ • ━━━

2am....

Joseph woke up sweating, all he could hear was the owls hooting in the distance. He looks around the dark room. He sighs and lays back down. He missed Jasper.

"Should I go see him?" He whispers, biting the corner of his bottom lip.

Deciding to follow his instincts, Joseph gets out of bed and puts on a pair of boots and a black clerical cape, pulling the hood up.

He opens the door and looks down the empty hall before rushing his way out, closing the main door softly.

In the distance he could see a few nuns chatting as they walked inside the church holding white cloths. He darts towards the front gate.

Luckily for him, the moon made it easy to see through the woods. He rushes the whole time, hoping to see the windmill.

"Where is it?" He murmurs, feeling uneasy as felt like he was being followed.

When he saw the windmill he sighs in relief and sets his way up the hill, there was a set of stone carved stairs so that was easy to use.

He stopped by the large doors of Jasper's house. He was about to knock but he stopped himself.