EIGHT

Joseph had said yes in an instant. Jasper led Him out through the front gate and they headed to the woods.

"Where are we going?" Joseph asks, feeling tired already.

"You'll see"

It took about twenty minutes of walking and the woods started to open up, less trees and more bare space. Joseph gasped when he saw what was in front of him.

"Is that...."

"The old windmill? Yes" Jasper says, he had lived her for forties years now.

"But...how?"

"Well, After you died, I went around the world, making money and trying to find you. I was in france for ten years thinking that I've found you but I was wrong, so I came back here. Renovated and I've been living here ever since, well occasionally"

Joseph walked towards the mill, smiling as he felt home for some reason.

"I was expecting a manor or something" he jokes. Jasper chuckles and points up the hill.

"There it is"

"I knew it!"

"Do you want to go to the manor?"

Joseph looks at the windmill and smiles.

"Yes"

Jasper holds Joseph's hand and in a blink of an eye, they were inside the manor, standing by the foyer.

Joseph looks around, a grand staircase with black railing led the way up, on the walls were abstract art pieces in red and white. The wall was maroon with black marble tiles to finish the look.

"Wow"

Jasper smiles.

"I'm glad you like it, do you want something to eat?"

Joseph raised a brow.

"I don't drink blood"

Jasper laughed.

"I know, I bought food for you yesterday after we met at that store"

This man really knew Joseph would be here?!

"I must say, you thinking ahead of time is a little scary"

Jasper's laugh booms through the quiet castle. He opens the fridge and makes Joseph a panini sandwich.

"Wow, you also know how to cook?"

Jasper nods.

"I learned a lot the past few years"

Joseph sets his bible down on the counter and looks around the kitchen, the same painting in the foyer was in the kitchen but this time placed in an angle.

"Is that your favourite painting?"

Jasper turns around and looks at it. A sad smile forms on his face.

"I made it with my blood.....and your ashes"

Joseph made a quiet "oh" and never spoke of it again. Jasper slid the sandwich to him along with some grape juice.

Joseph smiles and did a quick prayer before eating.

"So I'm here, now what?"

Jasper shrugged.

"We have some fun. I have a TV, a pool and a game room. We can do whatever you want"
Joseph took a sip of his juice.

"Game room"

━━━ • ✙ • ━━━

Three hours passed and Jasper was foaming at the mouth in anger. From dance dance revolution to cyclone, Joseph had beaten him in everything.