Chapter 18: Our Last Time Without Each Other

Começar do início

We decided to get a quick meal at a the food court in the airport before we headed out to the hospital as it was open 24/7 for visitors so there was a little bit of extra time.

After ordering our food, we sat down in the seating area to wait for our order to be called up.

I really missed Ash. He helped me get through such a rough spot and it made me adore and love him a lot more than I already did.

I felt nostalgic and lonely, so I took out the picture me and Ash took a long long time ago on our "date" in Kalos.

Seeing us so young and happy really made me want to tear up. Even though I felt like knives were stabbing my heart each time I remembered something else from that day, I tried to stay strong.

I must've stared at the picture for too long though as Misty noticed.

"What's up with the picture? You look depressed " Misty asked.

"it's just a picture Ash and I took awhile ago, it made me a little sad" I giggled softly. I truly tried my hardest to not tear up.

So many memories followed every piece of Souvenir I have from our Adventures and moments we shared both alone and with our friends.

I can't wait to be with you again

~ Meanwhile, Two boys struggled to barely arrive to the airport in time~

(Ash's POV)

"Try not to fall asleep next time!" Gou yells in my face as we arrive to the airport.

"How is it my fault ?! It's your fault you forgot to set our alarm!" I yell back at him in response.

"Well whatever, We're here and that's all that matters. Now let's hurry and find where we're supposed to board the plane" Gou says.

After wandering around like headless Torchics for 10 minutes, the two boys finally boarded the plane.

After settling down in our seats, I try to relax a little as im still stressed from being in a hurry. I couldn't relax though, as I felt as if Gou was staring straight into my soul.

"What's Up?" I turn to ask Gou.

"Ash... What do you plan on doing with Serena once you two are finally together?" He asks.

"I'm not sure too sure. Assuming she finds out the truth once i've competed in leagues, I might just travel with her while she competes for Kalos queen. Maybe even explore regions i haven't visited yet alongside her. I would be fine with staying in Kanto and dating her from a long distance too as i don't care what our future is, i just want one with her" I tell Gou.

Just thinking about Going on another journey with her really made me happy.

"If you journey with her, doesn't that mean we wouldn't be researchers together?" He asks me in a soft tone.

"I guess it does. Don't worry though! We haven't known eachother for too long but you've been alongside me through out this whole mess so i might as well consider you as a best friend! You're free to come with us on our journeys too, Im sure you and Serena would get along very well!" I tell him and give him my signature smile.

"Best friends already !?" Gou turns a little red just thinking about how recently they met and how quickly they grew closer.

"I would love to travel with you guys! only if she's okay with it too though... I wouldn't want her upset with me being there!" he says nervously.

"But Ash.... i know we really haven't known eachother for long, so wherever your future leads you, just promise me you'll stay in touch 'kay?" He says while looking down at his feet.