Chapter 32: Student Body President Jessica Davis

Start from the beginning

Clay Jensen: It's all right. I... I have this thing where I think I know what's best for everybody, and I keep not learning my lesson that I actually don't know shit.

Ani Achola: I think you know a lot. You know the whole history.

The next day, Ani decided to tell Jessica & Hannah the truth about where she currently lives. And they were shocked.

Hannah Baker: You've got to be kidding?

Jessica Davis: In his guest house?

Ani Achola: On his grandfather's property. He didn't live there when my mum took the job. Obviously I would've told you 2 ages ago, but... I never made the connection until yesterday. We never talked about it.

She's right. We never really did. We just told her that both me and Jess were raped by the same guy and it's what lead to my suicide attempt. We didn't tell her everything. Not about the tapes. Not about my trial.

Jessica Davis: Yeah, I know, I know. We just...

Hannah Baker: We didn't tell you about it because with you we had the chance to, like, not be the victim.

Jessica Davis: We just wanted to be strong.

Ani Achola: That's how you are. To me.

Jessica Davis: Does he ever try to talk to you?

Ani Achola: Uh... no, not really. I don't see him. I'm not allowed in the main house.

Hannah Baker: Really? Even when he's not home?

Ani Achola: Yep.

Jessica Davis: Okay. You have to be careful.

Ani Achola: I always am.

Hannah Baker: We're serious, Ani.

I roll up my sleeves and I show Ani my scars. She gasp as she looks at them. It was the first time that I ever showed her or anyone at school my scars.

Hannah Baker: I don't want him to break you like he broke me.

Jessica Davis: She's right. Promise us.

I roll my sleeves back up as Ani nods to us.

Ani Achola: I promise.

Later that day, Jessica attends to her first meeting of the Student Council. Hannah & Ani attended the meeting in support for their best friend. Principal Bolan begins the meeting...

Principal Bolan: I'd like to welcome our new members to the... Student Council. And I'd like to begin discussion on the... spring Powder Puff Flag Football fundraiser.

Really? Powder Puff?

Jessica Davis: Actually, I'd like to start discussion with Liberty hosting a spring Take Back the Night event.

Principal Bolan: Okay, let me remind you that Powder Puff is our primary spring fundraiser.

Jessica Davis: But girls in bikinis playing football isn't really why I was elected, so...

Monty de la Cruz: You can't mess with Powder Puff. I'm a coach this year. Pow!

Jock Boy: Yeah.

Fucking Monty.

Jessica Davis: Sit down. You're out of order.

Monty de la Cruz: What a bitch.

13 Reasons Why Hannah Baker LivedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara