Chapter 03: Reunited by Destiny

Beginne am Anfang

"Oh, he doesn't come here to get treated. He comes here to pay for other's treatment." The nurse chuckled.

Lavender was shocked. What is up with this guy? She wondered. Was he so rich that he didn't have enough places to spend his money? Does he actually pay for people's treatment. If so, he's doing a wonderful deed, she thought happily. But then again, that mysterious encounter in Bilsburg was enough to reject the thought of him doing a good deed.

"You see, ma'm, he's a very special client here. He happens to be the biggest source of donation for our private hospital. So please, do not worry. You can go home." She said, taking her notepad to get on her duty.

Who is he? She wondered.

She took off with the brown paper bag containing ointments along with her self esteem. She was so heart broken that her only way to meet him had come to a dead end. She couldn't come here every day and sit all day just to meet him. Stepping outside the hospital under the dark moonlit sky, she felt herself tearing up.

Her first attraction; love at first sight, couldn't be found again. Now, only a miracle like those in her books could help them both unite.

She looked at her hand as a tear fell down her cheek. Honestly, Lavender did not know why she was that sad about not meeting him. Maybe she was frustrated about her new book and had to project it somewhere. Maybe she was upset with the incident that happened in her hometown.

She threw the brown paper bag into the trashcan angrily and ripped that irritating medicinal sticker off her cheek. Grabbing the bandage, she pulled it off her hand and threw them altogether in the bin. Her breath turned into thin fog after it escaped her nose.

She really did it all for nothing.

"Why'd you do that?"

A voice made her turn stiff. She stopped crying and stopped sniffling. She gulped down hard and slowly turned around to find who the voice belonged to. There stood a tall man with his brown hair slicked back, green eyes and skin paler than before in the cold night.

"Tristen.." She let out a gasp, loud enough just for her. She felt her heart melting in the coldest night of late autumn. She wanted to cry. Not tears of sadness; but tears of joy. Tears of relief.

She opened her mouth to speak but out came nothing. That's right, she wanted to meet him. But she hadn't planned on what she would say after she met him. She could only stare at him with her rosy lips slightly parted.

He walked over to her with hands in the pocket of his long coat. "Your cheek turned red after you ripped off that bandaid so harshly." He said, delicately touching it with the hand that had killed a hundred souls.

Lavender shut her eyes and focused on the feelings generating inside her. She had been through a lot of mixed feelings. Instead of being happy that she found the guy she was looking for, she was sad. Maybe it was because she feared she would never see him again and fate proved her wrong.

She had to admit that he was bold enough to touch her like that, assuming that she would not object. She could have, but she did not.

"I get that your cheek is red since you ripped the bandaid off, but why's the other one turning red?" The corner of his lips curled up into a smile. She shot her eyes open, realizing that her blush was noticeable; majorly because of the cold weather. It made her stop crying though.

"Why are you here?" He asked, pulling his hand back. "T-to get treated." Lavender said, quickly wiping her tears away.

"I can see that." He scoffed, looking at the trashcan. Lavender felt ashamsed for her behaviour. She realized that she had used his money just to throw it in the bin.