I'm uncertain how long I actually slept before I feel someone poking my shoulder. I sit up, rubbing my eyes. When my vision clears, I spot Youngmi standing in front of me, holding a garment bag.

"I see you discovered Jae's napping spot," she giggles.

"They nap in here too?" I ask groggily.

Youngmi nods. "Yeah. It's pretty comfortable, isn't it?"

"It's not bad," I concur. "Are they looking for me? I didn't tell Jae what I was doing."

"No, you're fine. I came looking for you though."

"What's up?"

She jiggles the garment bag in her hand. "I have that outfit for you!"

"Hm?"

"You know, the one you're wearing to our anniversary party this Saturday."

"Oh, that's right!"

With everything that's been happening these past few weeks, I had forgotten about it. Youngmi was going to let me wear the Christian Dior red silk mini dress that I didn't choose for the award show afterparty. It was the same night they invited me to their anniversary celebration.

"Jae told me you're bringing your partner along."

"Oh, that's right," I repeat, though with less enthusiasm and more worry in my voice.

However, Youngmi doesn't notice the change in tone. "I'm excited to meet them!"

"I look forward to introducing you guys," I fib.

"Awesome!" she exclaims. "Here's your dress. It should fit perfectly since I took your measurements, but if it doesn't, let me know and I'll fix it."

I smile. "Thanks, Youngmi."

"You're welcome," she returns the expression.

Youngmi then leaves shortly after to unite with Jaehwa for dinner. She asked if I'd like to join them, but I said I already had plans with my partner. It wasn't a complete lie. I do have dinner plans. They're just with my partners (plural) and not a singular partner.

I remain seated on the bench for a while and sulk. I feel guilty about lying to my friends. I wish I would've just come out with it in the first place. I'm aware that it wasn't really an option though; it's not my decision alone to make. Each member would have to agree to reveal our relationship. And revealing our relationship could alter their careers.

I'm sure Jaehwa and Youngmi would keep our secret. However, I don't know who will be at this party. A person with a big mouth could be there, just itching to get paid by the tabloids for a juicy dating scandal. Plus, Youngmi is a well-known stylist. She's huge in the industry and has over three million followers.

It then dawns on me that Jaehwa and Youngmi's relationship is relatively private due to Big Hit having a rule about no workplace dating. This party is most likely close-knit. The couple wouldn't risk being outed by a big-mouthed bitch. In fact, they couldn't risk it for fear of losing their jobs.

Still, I can't seem to bring myself to be honest with them. Not yet, anyway. When I get the courage (and if the boys are okay with it), I'll tell them. But for now, I need to figure something out.

My head pounds from the many thoughts flooding my mind. Desiring a couple of Tylenol, I finally get my ass off the bench and go home.

The members greet me happily as I enter the house. Right away, they perceive my out-of-sorts emotion and immediately ask what's wrong.

"I got invited to Jae and Youngmi's anniversary party this weekend," I apprise.

Taehyung gives a half-suppressed chuckle. "That sounds like a good thing. Is it not?"

"No, no. It is a good thing."

"Then what's the problem?" Yoongi inquires sincerely.

I sigh. "They're expecting me to bring my 'partner'."

"Oh," he breathes. "Yeah, that's a problem."

"I made it worse by insinuating they're non-binary, so now Jae is all excited."

"How'd you get into this mess?" Namjoon wonders.

"It happened when Mark Lee asked me out. Jae figured I said no to him because I had a boyfriend. After some prying, I told Jae I 'met them at a concert.' I wasn't lying, but then they asked if my partner was non-binary since I used the pronoun 'them.'" I groan in frustration before continuing. "I know I should've just told them I was single or something, but..." My words trail off and I shrug. "...I panicked."

Seokjin takes a seat on the arm of the couch and begins to tenderly rub my back. "You did well given the situation."

"I still feel like a shitty friend though."

"Well, no one likes lying to someone they care about," Jungkook conveys. "But remember, this isn't entirely your fault. We're to blame too. Don't beat yourself up over it."

I gaze around at the members. "What do you guys think I should do?"

Yoongi proposes something when no one else offers a suggestion. "I think you should find a decoy."

"A decoy?"

"Hyung, that seems a little extreme," mentions Hoseok. "It's an anniversary party. Not a jewelry heist."

"Actually," starts Taehyung, "Yoongi hyung may be on to something."

Jimin raises a brow. "You're agreeing with this crazy scheme?"

He nods. "It's kinda genius."

Namjoon looks at me. "How do you feel about this whole decoy plan?"

"Tae's right," I accord. "It's kinda genius."

"If you want to go through with this, then we support your decision," says Seokjin.

"So you're all cool with me getting someone to play my partner?"

"Yes," Jungkook confirms. "Of course we wanna go to the party with you. But since we can't, you should take a friend and enjoy yourself."

"Just no canoodling," Taehyung warns.

"I wouldn't dream of it," I laugh. "Y'know, I'm pretty surprised you didn't get invited. You're close with Youngmi."

"Yeah, we were surprised too," Jimin affirms. "I'm a little jealous of you actually. I love a good party."

"We can throw our own party Saturday night," Hoseok submits. "I can set up another makeshift club."

His proposition satisfies Jimin and we end the conversation there. The eight of us then order some takeout food and eat dinner together. The meal is relatively quiet until Yoongi brings up the party again, asking, "So do you know who you wanna take as your decoy?"

"I think I may have an idea."

[AN] Who do you think Audaire will choose? Let me know your thoughts!

Today, June 10, 2022, marks two years of Love Maze! What started as a way to relieve some boredom during quarantine became so much more to me than just a little hobby. I can't thank you guys enough for your support over these last two years. It's even more special because we're also celebrating 250k reads!

I've recently started a Jungkook X Reader fic. Check it out!

Happy comeback day too :)