8

When Jimin wakes up on Sunday morning, he's happy to see everything in its rightful place, though he can't shake the lingering sadness clinging onto his heart knowing that his neighbor isn't doing well.

He groans as he rolls out of bed, deciding that today he would tackle the exterior of his home. He throws on a t-shirt and some jeans, slipping his sneakers on before he leaves his house to run to the nearest department store to get some supplies. He glances over at Evelyn's house, and his shoulders sag in defeat when he doesn't see any sign of her.

He pulls out of his driveway in his car, determined to keep himself busy for the entirety of the day so he won't be tempted to go over to check on her. He realizes he must be bothersome to her, especially because she's made it clear she doesn't want anyone's comfort or company.

Jimin makes it to the department store, and he moves through the aisles quickly, making sure he gets everything he will need to spruce up the outside of his home. He's looking forward to spending the day outside in the sunlight, soaking in its rays as he brings a bit of himself to his new home's exterior.

After checking out at the register, he loads all of his purchases into his car and he makes his way back home, hoping that the color of paint he chose will complement the blue vinyl on his house.

As he's pulling into his driveway, his eyes can't help but wander to his neighbor's house to check if he can see any sign of her, but he's yet again disappointed to find nothing. He sighs, unloading everything and placing it on his front porch before he stands in his yard and looks around, wondering where he should start first.

He decides to mow the yard first, seeing his grass is getting a bit long. He runs inside to get a hat to protect his face from getting sunburned, and then he starts his mower and cuts the grass in his small yard. He takes his time, making it look perfect in the front, sides and in the back. After it's up to Jimin's standards, he turns the lawnmower off and sighs, pulling his shirt to wipe the sweat off of his face.

After putting the mower up, he decides to work on his garden next, pulling out everything until it's nothing but dirt. Then, he plants some flower seeds, making sure they're going to get plenty of sunlight from where they are buried, and then he tops them off with fresh dirt and waters them with his hose.

He stands and stretches, ready to call it a day, but one glance at his drab, grey window trimmings tells him that he needs to paint them today. Otherwise, he'll regret it tomorrow as he leaves for work and sees the unfinished job.

He gets to work painting all of the gray trimmings, satisfied with the white color he chose to brighten up the areas. All throughout his day, Jimin's eyes would glance over to his neighbor's house, hoping to see a shadow or even just hear her voice yelling into the empty sky again, but it has been still and silent the entire day.

He debates on whether or not he should call Jungkook; usually, he's seen some sign of her by now.

He decides to go inside after he's done with all of his work for the day. In the shower, he decides that he will fix himself some dinner to distract his worrying mind. He comes to the conclusion as he makes his way into his kitchen that if he doesn't see her at all tomorrow, he will call her brother Tuesday.