𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

News had spread fast

News had spread fast. Soon everyone, student and faculty member alike, had learned of the death of Neil Perry. Rumors later spread like wildfire. People speculated the cause behind Neil's death. Some thought it to have been murder, others sickness, and some believed Mr. Perry's declaration of suicide.

It was nearly an hour before Will had returned to the building, where she was met with her worried friends. Her bare feet were a shade of blue and purple and her hands were no different. She looked as if she hadn't felt warmth in years. Paying no mind to the people around her, Will walked to her dorm room, the boys following without hesitation.

When she stepped through the threshold she was suddenly pulled into a tight embrace by Todd. That managed to unleash a new wave of emotions. The pair slowly sank to the ground, holding one another tight as they mourned the loss of their friend. Will's shaking hands gripped the fabric of Todd's sweater, her fingers digging into the light grey yarn. She holds onto him as if he is the only thing real in this unfair world. Another pair of arms wrapped around them, followed by another, and another, and another.

The Dead Poets Society had lost a member. They had lost a friend.

An assembly was called before any classes could begin and now the hundreds of students of Welton stand in the pews and sing. Some of the people within the room were teary eyed, others were signs faced. Grief is a fickle thing like that. For some it results in distress and despair. For others it is just another brick on the wall of pain.

"All my life Thy light shall surely follow me And in God's house forevermore My dwelling place shall be Amen." They sang, the only ones not joining in being Charlie and Will. As the song commences Mr. Nolan steps up to the podium and clears his throat.

"The death of Neil Perry is a tragedy. He was a fine student. One of Welton's best. And he will be missed. We've contacted each of your parents to explain the situation. Naturally, they're all quite concerned. At the request of Neil's family, I intend to conduct a thorough inquiry into this matter. Your complete cooperation is expected." He recited as if he had rehearsed this speech dozens of times.

With a scoff Will exits the hall, all eyes drawn to her. Her friends can only watch as she leaves, wishing that they could do the same. "Ms. Hunting!" Mr. Nolan shouted after her, but Will simply exited the room without a second thought.

"Ms. Hunting!"

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

The group of six stand awkwardly in the attic. All classes had been cancelled for the day, though no one was in any mood to celebrate.

"You told him about this meeting?" Charlie asked Pitts, referring to a certain red haired boy that should be in the room with them. Since the assembly concluded and he was informed of the meeting none of the company had been able to find Cameron, nor had they heard from him.