𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 to take part in extracurriculars

𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 to take part in extracurriculars. According to Mr. Nolan her track record prevents her from doing so. From School Newspaper to Fencing Will is prohibited from joining. Though the girl can't help but feel that the rule does not apply to an extracurricular that is not on the record books.
If the activity does not exist in the eyes of the Academy, then there is nothing preventing her from taking part. Slowly, but surely, the Dead Poets Society is forming. Seven students of Welton are preparing for the oncoming night and forming a foolproof plan that will not lead to immediate expulsion.

"You're not listening. Any questions? Look, you follow the stream to the waterfall. It's right there. It's gotta be like that." Neil explained, pointing to the circled mark on the map that is laid out on the table.

"I don't know. It's starting to sound dangerous." Cameron complained, leaning away from the vast piece of paper as if to distance himself from the wrongdoing.

"Oh. Why don't you just stay home?" Charlie asked sarcastically, the question earning a grin from Will.

"Hey, you're crazy." Cameron said indignantly.

"For God's sake, stop chattering and sit down!" Mr. McAllister ordered. The rest of the group do as commanded. Will notices behind her Todd sits, textbooks scattered around him as well as assignments. She mumbles a quick few words of departure before pushing herself to her feet and walking over to where the boy sits in silence.

"Todd, are you coming tonight?" She asked, seating herself beside her roommate. Todd jumps at her sudden appearance, mentally making a note to give her a bell to inform him of her arrival. When her question registers in his mind he shakes his head and his gaze returns to the papers in front of him.

"No." He responded, working on an assignment for Chemistry.

"Why not? God, you were there. You heard Keating. Don't you want to do something about--" Will is cut off by Todd.

"Y-Yes, but--"

"But, but what?" Will queried, wondering why the boy isn't going to journey with them to their first meeting.

"Keating said that everybody took turns reading and I don't wanna do that." Todd explained, placing his pencil onto the table and looking over at Will. As he said these words his face flushes a light shade of pink, embarrassment evident in his expression.

"Jesus. You really have a problem with that, don't you?" Will asked, propping her head up on the palm of her hand. Neil from his place a few tables away notices the conversation that is occurring between them and walks over to where they are seated.

"N-No, I, I don't have a problem. Will, I just-- I don't wanna do it, okay?" Todd told her, the shade of pink deepening to red at the accusation.

"What's going on?" Neil interrogated, sitting next to Will and looking between the pair for answers.