𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐬

𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐬. Never  enjoying watching or participating in them. Sure she could kick a soccer ball a fair distance and swing a bat with some skill, but the games never interested her like works of literature do. This is one of the few moments in Will's life where she is actually nervous.

She stands beside her english class, all of them wearing identical red Welton sports uniforms and cleats. Mr. Keating walks in front of them, splitting the students up into two teams and passing out yellow jerseys to one of the groups. Thankfully, most of Will's friends are on the team she has been placed on, leaving only Cameron in the yellow jersey.

Mr. Keating, seeing the poorly masked anxious expression on Will's face, decides to make her the goalie, knowing that she could do much better there than out on the field. Once the soccer ball is placed on the ground the game begins. The dozen or so students all rush to gain control, Neil managing to kick it first. The ball sails over to Pitts, who kicks it past the goalie and into the net.

The competition continues for nearly an hour, Will realizing that using angles and equations to block the ball from reaching their net, each stop making her team cheer. Mr. Keating races down the field as fast as his legs can carry him, shouting encouragement to the two teams.

Todd gains control of the ball and with one swift kick the ball flies into the net, winning the game for his team. Charlie sprints over to the boy and tackles him to the ground, everyone else doing the same. Will somehow managed to get tangled up in this group hug and is now stuck at the bottom of a pile of sweaty boys, much to her dismay.

Once each team member is back on their feet they run over to Mr. Keating, who is then lifted up in the air and carried down the field, everyone cheering along.

Maybe, just maybe, Will can excel in sports.

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

Another Dead Poets Society meeting is in session, the seven students all holding pipes in their hands and smoke slowly rising out of the cave.

"Attaboy, Pittsie, inhale deeply." Charlie coached as Pitts carefully inhales from the pipe, coughs following shortly after. Will laughs at her friend's failed attempt and, following Charlie's pointers, inhales and lets the smoke slowly rise out of her mouth. She is met with a pack of raisins to the face from an embarrassed Pitts, the boy's laughter silencing when he sees the deadly look on Will's face.

Meeks, seeing an argument about to arise decides to interject. "My dad collects a lot of pipes." He told Charlie, making everyone look at him.

"Really? Mine's got thirty." Charlie responded.

"Your parents collect pipes? Oh, that's really interesting." Pitts commented, a tone of mockery in his voice.

Charlie notices one of the members of their club not touching one of the pipes and decides to alert the rest of his friends of this. "Come on, Knox. Join in."