Chapter Twelve.

Slime had been sleeping endlessly for hours and it was now 9am. Quackity spent the night on the couch, afraid to leave his friend alone. Quackity's eyes fluttered open as he slowly regained consciousness. He stood up and glanced around the lifeless room. He would give anything to go see Wilbur now, but knowing the brunette, he had probably gone back to his van after their fight and Q couldn't leave Slime on his own for that long. Who knows what could happen?

Quackity untucked his shirt and loosened his tie, attempting to make himself more comfy. He walked over to his best friend and sat besides him on the bed. Quackity took his phone out and opened Wil's contact.

Inbox(0)

He sighed putting his phone back into his pocket. Why hadn't Wilbur called him? He couldn't serious still be mad? Should Q call him?

All these questions left unanswered made Quackity go uneasy.
"Fuck this." He whispered, standing up and walking out the room. He took out the keycard, since he owned all the rooms cards, and locked the door. If Slime awoke, he could just use his own key to exit the hotel room.

Quackity made his way down the hallway to his office before he shut the door behind him. He sat down at his desk and begun filling out countless documents.

~|•|~

Wilbur stared at the cooked mutton on his plate, which was prepared by Tubbo, unable to concentrate on eating. His mind consisted of one thing, Quackity. Wilbur knew he shouldn't of stormed off, but in that moment he was just so angry.

Why couldn't Quackity let Schlatt go? Was there actually some unsettled feelings there? Was Quackity just using Wilbur as a rebound? If so, that is a new level of fucked up.

He pulled out his phone, and instantly Quackity's contact popped up. It was already on his screen because of the countless times Wil had wanted to call the duckling, but ended up deciding against it. Why couldn't Quackity say sorry to Wil? The brunette knew he was being stubborn. After all, with the Schlatt incident, Q did come to the burger van and apologised first. Maybe it was now Wil's turn? Or maybe he is overthinking all of this. Maybe.

He decided to get over himself and press the call button, and then the ringtone flooded his ears. As the device rung again and again, he started to think that Q wasn't going to answer. Well, that was until..

"Will?" Quackity said into the phone. His phone sounded tired, more tired than usual.
"Hey ducky." Wilbur forced a chuckle. "Can I come over?"
"I don't know if thats a good idea." The other boy mumbled into the phone.
"What? Why?"
"I think I just need some space for tonight Wilby, please." He sounded exhausted, and that only made Wil's heart break more.
"I understand." The brunette said after a moment of silence. And then the phone call ended.

Without a goodbye.

Just like that.

~|•|~

Wilbur woke up in his bed in the burger van shattered the next morning. He had been tossing and turning all night while a specific duckling wouldn't leave his mind alone for a second. Quackity, and how much Wilbur wanted to apologise, was the only think he could think about.

It was upsetting, the whole ordeal was. But it was probably best for both of them if they could have some time apart. They had clearly been driving each other crazy these last few days with all the drama, its normal for them to just want to be alone for a bit.

But Wilbur couldn't help but wonder how long they would be like this for. He missed the smaller boy so fucking much. He missed their kisses and cuddles, he missed the way he could make Quackity flustered by the slightest bit of flirtation. He missed him, all of him. Hopefully they would be together again by tonight.

But until then, Wilbur needed something to distract him from all this. So, he dragged himself out of bed, through on a decent-looking outfit and headed out, knowing exactly where he was going. Back to the place where this all begun.

~|•|~

wc: 707