Chapter Ten.

The horses were quickly tied against some oak fences when the two boys eventually arrived at Las Nevadas. Quackity's anxiety was through the roof, but Wilbur knew how to help. He grabbed onto the boys hand and pulled it into an embrace.
"It'll be okay. I promise to behave." He whispered into Q's ear, calmly.

"I know I know. I'm more worried about Schlatt, I'm not so sure that he will behave..."
"If he touches you Quackity..."
"He won't! I won't let him. And if he does, you'll be there to step in, right..?" Quackity sounded unsure.
"Of course. Do I have permission to punch the shit out of him if he touches you?" Wilbur grinned, still holding Quackity close.
"Yes, you have my permission. Just.. don't go too far." Quackity laughed.

"Then it's settled. Lets go tell him to piss off." Wilbur grabbed Quackity's hand and led the shorter boy towards the hotel. The walked into the lobby to be met with Slime who was sitting at the desk.
"Quackity from Las Nevadas, Wilbur from L'manburg!" Slime smiled, standing up from the desk seat.
"Hey slime." Quackity replied, Wilbur just nodded in response.

"Your guest-"
"Yes Jschlatt, where is he?" Quackity interrupted, desperate for this to be over with.
"He's in your office."
"What- Why?"
"Well I told him you were unavailable, but he was very persistent to see you so he decided to wait for you in your office. He's been in there since 6am this morning, sir." Slime explained, sitting back down at the desk.
"I see... I'm going to go deal with that, Wilbur will be coming with me. Get back to work." Quackity nodded, leading Wil to the elevator, their hands still intertwined.

They stood in the elevator, Wilbur's thumb making circles on Quackity's hand in an attempt to ease his nerves.
"Kiss me." Quackity said after pressing the number 4 button which led the elevator to start moving.
"What?-"
"I don't know how this is going to go. Schlatt is.. crazy. Please just kiss me."

"Quackity nothing is going to happen. I'm here for you. I can take that prick any day."
"Wilbur for fucks sake." Quackity pushed their lips together, the smaller boy on his tiptoes. He tensed his hand, and Wilbur did the same as he felt his cheeks reddening.

"See? That wasn't hard was it?" Quackity said after pulling away.
"Oh shut up." Wilbur smirked.

The elevator then dinged and the door slowly opened, revealing a large row of closed doors.
"This place must be creepy at night." Wilbur spoke, tightening his grip on Q's hand.
"I guess." Quackity responded, leading the way to his office. He slowly opened the door to see him there, sitting at the edge of Q's desk. He was sitting in the bosses seat. Quackity's seat.

"Get out my seat." Quackity spoke, earning a grin from Schlatt. "Actually, get out my city while you're at it."
"Why? I came here with friendly intentions. It was your bestie here who tried to kill me." Schlatt shrugged, and Wilbur just stared at the floor, he was clearly embarrassed.
"You're the one who tried to strangle me just cause I didn't want to get back together with you!" Quackity raised his voice, clenching his free fist.

Schlatt looked down at Quackity's fist, and then averted his eyes to his other hand. The hand that was holding Wilbur's.
"What the fuck?" Schlatt questioned, raising a finger and pointing. Quackity and Wilbur followed Schlatt's finger and Wilbur quickly separated his hand, leaving Q hurt.
"Thats none of your business." Wilbur mumbled, his cheeks pink.

"Schlatt just leave. Or else you will be forced and neither of us want it to come to that." Quackity folded his arms. Schlatt stood up and walked around the desk and stopped right infront of Quackity. He raised his hand, and Wilbur assumed he was going to slap Q so he quickly slapped Schlatt's hand away.
"Ow!" Schlatt groaned, rubbing his hand.
"Back the fuck up!" Wilbur said, standing infront of Big Q with a hand on the short boy's waist.

Schlatt stared at Quackity, he knew this wasn't a fight he would win. Two versus one and Wilbur was clearly insane.
"Fine. I'll go." Schlatt said, pushing past the two boys and towards the elevator.
"Finally." Wilbur spat, watching the bearded man walk away.

"Wilbur what was that?" Quackity sighed, sitting back in his chair since it was now unoccupied.
"What?" Wilbur asked, taking a seat opposite Q.
"You let go of my hand when Schlatt noticed. I can't help but think you're embarrassed to be with me.."
"What? No! No no no it's not that Q. Its.. ugh fuck. I'm scared that if someone realises how much you mean to me, they will try hurt you to get to me. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if something happened to you because of me, love." Wilbur mumbled.
"That makes sense I guess..." Quackity muttered, holding his head in his hands with his elbows on the wooden desk.

"Quackity I promise. I'm not embarrassed at all, you're perfect. I have nothing to be embarrassed about." Wilbur repeated, attempting to reassure the duckling.
"Thank you Wil..." Quackity lifted his head up and smiled at him, holding Wil's hands over the table. The taller boy returned the smile and tensed his hands.
"Can I sleep in your room tonight?" Wilbur asked.
"Sure, but what about Tommy and Tubbo?" Quackity replied.

"They are used to me not being home. With my drinking problem, I would always find myself waking up in strangers beds. I know its not very responsible of me, I'm supposed to be their role model. But after... well all the shit happened I turned to drinking and I've never been able to stop I guess." Wilbur opened up about his drinking because he trusted Quackity, more than anyone in the world. He wanted to tell the small boy about how he truly felt. About how he honestly loved the boy.

"AAAAAAAAA!" A scream was heard from the first floor, making Wilbur and Quackity flinch up and run out the office. The hall was empty so they both ran for the elevator and the duckling spammed the lobby button, even though it wouldn't make it go any faster. The familiar ding was heard and they both ran around the lobby until they saw it.

"SLIME!" Quackity ran towards his companion after seeing him on the floor, blood oozing out of his leg. He was crying and screaming, staring at the blood that was spilling all over the white marble floors. Quackity took off his beanie and placed it on the open wound. It looked like an arrow had been shot right into his upper thigh. It clearly went through Slime's clothing and came out the other side.

Both the boys knew exactly who had done this, and they didn't plan on letting him get away with it. After they helped Slime, they would come for Schlatt and kill him, once and for all.

~|•|~

wc: 1175