15

They ended up bringing back all the dragons to Berk. No words were mentioned as they treated Rider's wound. He had no idea what to say, he didn't know what to do. Toothless was left in the room with him, as to give him company. The dragon purred at him as he reached out to pet him, his left arm unusable as that was where the spear was stabbed into him. He sighed and closed his eyes as he leaned back into the bed, before hearing a light knock on his door. Toothless moved towards the door and managed to let in Astrid who approached while petting the Night Fury.

   "So..." she started, "would you like to tell me what happened back there?"

    "Did they not tell you?" He asked as he looked up at her. He was tired yet couldn't sleep.

    "No, you were all awkward while hugging me, I just want to know how they got a hug." Astrid said as she gently held his hand of his left arm. He gave her hand the lightest squeeze as to not hurt himself.

   "Well... they're my.. parents..." he said, furrowing his eyebrows at the thought. Astrid stared down at him.

    "I'm sorry, I don't think I heard you correctly." She said, he then gave her a glare.

    "I'm not repeating it." He said, she nodded at him.

    "It's a lot to take in." She said as she stared at his hand.

     "Is it bad..?" He asked, almost dreading the answer.

    "Gods no! This makes it so much easier." She said as she smiled at him, he stared back for a moment.

    "What easier?" He asked, the blush on her face made him blush in return. Suddenly she moved in and gave him a simple peck on the cheek.

    "Makes that.. easier." She said before yanking her hand away when the door opened and Valka entered.

    "Am I interrupting something?" Valka asked, holding food in her hand.

    "No, it's fine." He replied to them as she approached. She gave Toothless a few fish from a bag she carried.

    "How are you feeling?" She asked as she set the food down and sat near them.

    "It hurts but it's bearable." He replied, she seemed to sigh.

     "We didn't announce it. As much as Stoick wants to, I think it should be up to you." Valka said, Rider looked down at his feet.

    "It would be a lot of change for all of us." He replied, she nodded.

    "Stoick is ready to accept the dragons. Even the Stormcutter, he's very fond of the dragon we rode earlier." She said with a light smile.

    "I'm not really good with people." He said, Astrid snorted at this causing him to glare at her.

    "That's alright. We have time now." Valka said, "you can choose to either stay here or go."

    "Am I allowed to think about it?" He asked, she smiled and nodded before patting his hand.

   "I'll come back later to check on you." She said as she left them alone again. Astrid stared at the door before sighing.

   "So.."

   "I want to stay." He suddenly said, causing her to jump.

    "Then why didn't you say that when she was here?" Astrid asked, he grumbled.

    "I don't know. Doubt maybe?" He said as he looked at her, "it's.. a lot to take in."

    "Yeah it is." She added as she smiled at him. "But I think it would be fine if.. Hiccup joined us again." Her sudden mention of his first name made him shiver. Though it wasn't horrible.

                                            ~•~

     A few weeks had passed since then. Hiccup went around as the normal Night Rider they knew, everyone was very nice. This was more of a test the waters sort of thing, to see how the tribe does with him there. They were all happy to have him there, he was great help to the people and everyone seemed to enjoy the dragons. Though being around Vikings made him uneasy, so sometimes he disappeared for a while and relaxed in the forest. Just like now, he was relaxing in a tree minding his own business. Until an axe hit the tree he was relaxing in, he groaned as Astrid smiled up at him.

"Can I help you?" He asked as he looked down at her.

"You disappeared again and I was trying to find you." She said, "Stoick needs you."

"Alright I'm coming." He said as he carefully climbed down the tree, she gave his arm a punch as they walked back.

"I think he wants to announce it today." She said, he felt shivers through his body.

"That's fine. Being here isn't horrible. The dragons like it, and Berk seems to enjoy them too." He said as he gave her a gentle smile. She smiled back as she leaned into him. They walked for some time before sharing a kiss as she left, he managed to get back to his new home where Stoick and Valka was. They smiled upon him entering.

"I think it's time. If you're ready that is." Stoick said as he smiled at him, Hiccup sighed softly as he nodded.

"I guess." He said with a shrug before they all walked out, the meeting already had been called.

"I'm sure you're all confused. Yet here we are, living with dragons and a new Viking." Stoick called out, dragons roared as some Vikings cheered. "However we have an announcement to make."

"Twenty years ago we lost our son. Berk's precious heir. Yet a few weeks ago... we found him and brought him back." Valka said as both of them stood on either side of Hiccup. Many people smiled and cheered as others held shocked looks on their faces.

"Welcome home, Hiccup." Stoick said as they shared a hug. He felt right, like he finally found where he belonged. Astrid ran up to embrace him before they shared another kiss. He smiled at her? Finally. He was home.

Home at last.