6

The boy kept up his visits for the next five days, bringing baskets of fish as he got closer to the dragon. Just like today, he flew in on the Deadly Nadder and carefully made his way towards the dragon, dumping out the contents of the basket for the dragon to see. "Here you go Toothless, an entire baskets worth of lunch." He said as he removed his helmet, the dragon purred happily and went to eat as the child made his way to the dragons tail, studying the missing fin. While the dragon was distracted he took this chance to pull out a large piece of paper and slide it under his tail, carefully tracing out the shape of the fin. He intended to try to make him a new one even if it only got him off this island. The dragon finished eating at the point of the paper being removed.

Toothless watched him as he drew on the paper and wrote things down, seeming to be entertained by this. The boy peered at him but continued  play out the tail for the dragon. The Night Fury purred softly as he left and soon returned with a branch in its mouth, then began to drag the end of it in the dirt. Scribbling around Toothless had soon made what he would consider art. The boy quickly put away his crude blueprints and stood, attempting to go around the dragons art on the ground, carefully stepping around it before stopping in front of the dragon. The boy smiled at the dragon softly as it leaned into his outstretched hand. Growling softly at him and giving him a smile. Though that soon ended as Toothless flew off, leaving the boy alone again. He quickly gathered his things before leaving, wanting to make the fin as fast as possible.

      The moment he reached his cage he didn't hesitate to have a fire lit to begin his work. Cloudjumper watched him curiously as he formed metal rods and put them together. This took him all night but soon he finally slid the leather cloth around it and smiled happily at it. Unable to wait he folded it and ran towards the mouth of the cave, only to be stopped by Cloudjumper who growled at him. The boy groaned as he turned back and carefully placed the tail fin on the ground, removing the crude armor pieces from his body to join it. The dragon watched him and snuffed out the fire as the child lay down for the night. Though the excitement kept him up, he soon fell asleep ready for the next day.

~•~

A week had flown by at this point, he couldn't entirely figure out how to make the tail move on its own yet Toothless trusted the boy enough to have him on his back. Today was finally the day he wanted to bring his dragon friend home. He felt a close bond with this dragon and intended to not let him go, as the Night Fury's are still considered a rare species. Eventually the boy made his way to the dragon who purred upon seeing him and approached happily. The boy reached a hand out to pet him, smiling behind his mask before climbing onto the dragon, the two of them took off and flew away from the island as high as possible so they wouldn't be seen. The child looked back at the island for a brief moment and continued forward.

     As they flew they passed by the thick fog, Toothless stared into it before shaking. The boy put a hand on the dragons head and rubbed it calmingly. The dragon growled softly at the fog before flying in, the boy crouched low when he did and looked around, the fog was thick and he could barely see but Toothless seemed to know exactly where he was going. They flew through hidden rock formations, other dragons joining on the way in. Soon they reached an island swarming with dragons, each carrying a sort of livestock. He was confused to this before they flew in, the island seemed like an active volcano, the dragons just dropping the food in. He stared in confusion as Toothless landed in a spot hidden and high up. That was until a Gronkle flew in and threw up a small fish, the little fish falling into the fog.

    All seemed well until a low and loud growl came from the fog, soon the head of an extremely large dragon shot up from the fog and swallowed the Gronkle whole. The boy froze and stared in horror as he patted the dragons head, the dragon growled a low growl and flew off. Just barely dodging the large dragon as they flew off, the swarm of dragons following them closely. The boy flew off with Toothless until they landed on a rock formation not too far from the island. He breathed heavily and removed his helmet and looked around. Toothless was under the control of that dragon. He stared down at the Night Fury and gently pet his head. He had to do something about that dragon, an alpha shouldn't eat who it's supposed to protect. He should know. Eventually he got Toothless to fly him back home, carefully leading through the giant mass of ice they made it inside.

They landed on a rock ledge and the presence of the black dragon immediately sparked curiosity as they were soon surrounded. Toothless made a questioning sound as they sniffed at him, the boy smiled at this and was soon met with the raised head of the alpha. He bowed to him as Toothless joined his side to do the same, the alpha Bewilderbeast puffed frost in their direction which made the boy smile up at him. Toothless purred softly as the alpha let them be, the child didn't hesitate to show the dragon around before it was mealtime. He knew he'd have to do something about that Queen near the island Toothless was on. He watched the dragons eat peacefully as he pondered what he should do about this. If he could manage to get the dragon from inside the volcano he could possibly kill it. With the help of Toothless of course. That night he went to sleep, thinking of a plan.