10

Rider sat on Toothless as he watched them bicker, apart from the man named Gobber. He had been the one to fix his leg for him a few years ago. Originally it was the smoke that led him here, he didn't expect to find anyone from Berk. Nor anyone working for Drago, they intended to kidnap the Berkians to work for them, looks like Drago was getting desperate for man power instead of dragon power. Gobber sighed and rubbed his forehead as the people continued to argue. Rider had offered them a dragon ride back to Berk, though some were reluctant to take it. He groaned softly as he honestly grew tired of them, apart from Gobber.

    "We'll take the ride, Rider." Gobber said, earning the group to look back at him.

     "I'm not riding what I should be killing." Snotlout said with an angered face.

     "Then the rest of us can go and I leave you here to die." Rider said, his sudden decision to speak made them jump. Snotlout opened his mouth before closing it again, as if thinking of what to say.

     "That's harsh don't you think?" Fishlegs asked softly, jumping when Rider looked his way. Fishlegs was one of the few who agreed. Really, Snotlout was the only one to disagree. Rider sighed a long sigh before removing his staff from the saddle on Toothless' back. Snotlout continued to whine and cry until Rider took the thick end of the staff and whacked him across the head, knocking him out cold.

     "Now we can leave." He said as a few dragons he saved from the other two ships boarded and allowed the Berkians to mount them. Ruffnut and Tuffnut rode on a Hideous Zippleback, a Monstrous Nightmare took Snotlout in its claws and Gobber rode its back. A Gronkle took Fishlegs by himself as he was basically more than two people. Rider mounted Toothless and offered his hand towards Astrid. He could see that she was nervous about the whole process.

    "Don't worry, he won't hurt you." He said, Astrid sighed and took his hand, sitting on Toothless behind Rider and held on tightly.

    "Just... don't drop me." She said, causing him to smile.

     "If you manage to fall he'll catch you." Rider said as they took off, he could hear Astrid let out a scream as they took off. The others seemed like they were having a blast apart from Gobber who kept checking on Snotlout. Soon, the flight was smooth sailing and Astrid seemed to have calmed down at this point. Their flight seemed to be rather quiet though he knew it wouldn't last forever.

    "So... is your name actually Rider? Or is it something else?" Astrid asked, Rider sighed.

    "I didn't exactly have a name. At least not among Vikings. It's what your chief called me then I guess everyone else started calling me that." He replied, he honestly didn't want to make conversation with anyone yet he found himself talking comfortably with her.

"So why did you chose to live with dragons?" She asked, he shrugged.

"I always have." He said, "I obey the alpha like every other dragon does."

"So you were raised by them?" She asked, he nodded at her. She seemed taken aback by this. "Do you ever intend to find your Viking family?"

"No. I haven't had the.. friendliest meetings with any Vikings. Besides Berk. But even so I'm the beginning it wasn't friendly." He replied.

"Because of the dragons?" She asked.

"Yeah, I get along only with some tribes due to the fact they go against Drago. I do too. I'd kill the man if I could." He replied, shifting in his seat out of frustration.

"Why don't you?" She asked, he sighed at her continuous questions.

"It's a lot more complicated for me than for some people." He said, "I'd rather avoid talking about him."

"Sorry..." she said, "I see Berk." She said as she pointed in a direction. He looked where she pointed to notice they had already reached their home. They carefully moved in, some Vikings yelled to ready weapons before they stopped when Gobber yelled at them. Soon, Stoick and Valka had ran out to see the commotion. Gobber smiled and approached them.

"Dragons?" Stoick asked, looking at them before noticing the odd one out.

"Yes, and the Night Rider. He managed to save us from Drago's little goons." Gobber said with a sigh.

"And Snotlout?" Valka asked as the Monstrous Nightmare dropped him before flying off, as did the others but Toothless.

"He was the on my to disagree with Rider giving us a ride home, as the remaining ships were destroyed." Gobber replied. Stoick smiled with relief at the fact they remained unharmed.

"Thank you again for helping us." Stoick said to Rider who nodded in his direction.

"But Drago? The madman who claimed he had an army of dragons?" Valka asked, Rider wanted to leave quickly, he was honestly tired.

"He has an army yet he's lacking manpower." Rider said to Stoick, the chief nodded at this and scratched at his beard.

"He's kidnapping now is he? That makes things more difficult for us." Stoick said, sighing softly.

"Do you perhaps think you could help us with Drago?" Valka asked Rider who immediately shook his head.

"I would already have his head if I could." Rider replied which took some of them aback.

"Could we talk? In the Hall?" Stoick asked, pointing up towards a large hill. Rider nodded and dismounted Toothless, following them up the hill. None of them dared to attack, knowing full well who was on their island. After reaching the Great Hall, Stoick sighed as he sat down. Rider stayed standing as he intended to leave quickly.

"Drago..." Gobber said, "we can't do anything against an army."

"I know Gobber." Stoick said, Rider leaned against a pole as Toothless sniffed around the hall.

"You can remove your helmet if you'd like. We can offer food for you as well since you helped us again." Valka said, rider shook his head.

"No thanks, I intend to leave quickly. I haven't exactly been home in a few days." He said as Toothless curled up near a fire for comfort warmth.

"Could we make an alliance? To defeat him if and when we get the chance?" Stoick asked, Rider sighed.

"Take no offense but I really avoid people at all costs." He said, Gobber laughed.

"Of course you do. Look at ya!" He said, Valka hit his arm as Stoick glared.

"I can but only until Drago is dead. Afterwards I intend to just lay low. Live peacefully without the worry." Rider said, Stoick nodded.

"I understand, then we have an alliance." Stoick replied, Rider then walked over to Toothless.

"If you find anything send a letter with a Terror. I'll send on once a week to keep in touch." Rider said as he mounted the dragon who whined at him.

"You can stay on Berk for the night if you'd like, your Night Fury seems tired." Valka said, he nodded.

"I'll be in the forest. Tomorrow I will be gone as quickly as possible though." He said before leaving them. That went a lot better than he thought it would. He and Toothless flew to their familiar cove on Berk for the night, unaware they were followed.