Chapter 1: High School Sucks

Politics... it should be illegal to be forced to take this class.

If I wanted to go into governmental affairs, I would be... well, I guess I would be paying attention.

My wrist and cheek are starting to go numb. But the raindrops are just so much more entertaining.

Maybe I would be in a better mood if it wasn't 7:45...46 in the morning.

Maybe if I'd have eaten breakfast...

No, I'm sure my extra foul mood is coming from last night.

"Delilah?"

Did someone say my name?

"Delilah, are you paying attention?"

Shoot.

What was he talking about?

Oh yeah, what every teacher is talking about this year: the Third War.

"Um, yeah, sorry Mr. Shutten."

"Well then, you should be able to answer me in what started the Third War and in what year."

See this is why this class should be illegal... or at least this professor.

Look at every one looking at me expectantly.

"The Third War started in year 2019 A.D.. It is debated that the start of the War was an argument over nuclear weapons between the United States, Iraq, and Iran or a terrorist attack on the United States turned into an all-out biochemical war." I stated back to him in the utmost bored voice. Not on purpose... well, at least not entirely.

Take that.

"Mm-hmm. Well, at least you read the chapter. Please try to keep your eyes forward Miss DeLaney."

Eyes facing forward.

I can't say my attention will be facing forward.

I still can't make out a word Mr. Shutten is saying.

I glanced towards my best friend, Madds.

She's got a smirk...

She must be thinking about how I pulled that answer from our final research paper that we teamed up on in literature. "The Third War and Its Consequences."

Ugh. Truly, Ugh.

Ever notice how when you really want to get away, time slows down?

Time is taunting me this morning... the clock keeps saying "look at me" only to show me that a minute has passed.

I'm anxious.

I have choir next, and I get to see Samuel.

Ah, Samuel... so gorgeous, deep brown eyes, dark brown hair, muscular, tall, supple pink lips. The epitome of gorgeous.

"Okay everyone, I want your final paper outlines handed tomorrow at the start of class."

The sound of the bell was both annoying, as it interrupted my wonderful thoughts, and very welcome.

"Hey DeeDee."

"Hey Madds."

"Nice answer there. You sure showed him."

Wink away sweetie.

Mock me a little more, why don't you?

"Ready for choir?"