Chapter - 22 ( He What??)

Aaighnly's POV

Its been a week since I went out with Enzo. When we got home Enzo and I went to sleep so luckily none of the Boys saw my hickey

Hell broke lose the day after when they saw my neck. I'm pretty sure Luca punched the wall.

Today my brothers are going to a meeting and I am staying home with Cecilia the housekeeper... And some bodyguards of course. They said that they want me to be "safe"

One thing has been bothering me these past few days. Dad...
I know he is in the Italian Mafia because...
remember Derek (from chapter 15)... The one who is the Leader of the small gang called the "Devils"... The one who claimed me to be his boyfriend... The one who trained me and made me beat people... Remember him?

Yeah well I remember him always talking about how the Italian Mafia boss was so annoying and how he wished to kill him and take over. It's kinda funny because everyone knew that he was a coward and would never say that to anyone higher than him expecially to the Italian Mafia boss

He was always trying to find ways to attack them, but because the gang was so little and it was just developing, the men who fought were always killed.

He tried bombing the Italians a thousand times, it was pretty funny actually.

Then one day we heard that the Leader of the Italian Mafia was coming over for a discussion with Derek. That's the time I heard his voice... It was so intimidating and scary.
I would recognize that voice anywhere, i guess that's why I recognized his voice at the dinner table the other time.

I was listening outside of Derek's office. You would think that they were discussing business but no. Dad was telling (threatening) Derek that if he every bombed or tried to mess with them, that he could kill him and everyone in the gang.

Buuutttt
I don't want to think of Derek right now.

All I'm worried about is my brothers. Do they know that dad is in the mafia?
Are they also in the mafia?

Nahhh who am I kidding, obviously Thay are not in the mafia. I shouldn't overthink this though so I decided to just let it go.

Anyways...

I have decided that since nobody is home, I should invite Diego.

Diego and I have been dating and it has been amazing. He is so kind and so sweet and I just can't believe that he likes me. My friends know that we are dating and they are super overprotective of me and they still don't trust Diego since they said that he is a player. But either way, I'm still with him.

There was a knock on the door and I quickly made my way to the door and opened it.

There he was... Those blue eyes were the ones I saw first
"hey babe" he said to me as he kissed me
I say hi to him and let him in

"sooo, you said you were home alone?" he asked
"yeah, Cecilia the housekeeper is here but don't worry she won't bother us" i quickly say to him.

We decided to watch movies and that's what we did for hours, until we started talking not even paying attention to the TV anymore.
While we were talking he kept on getting messages from someone...
But i didn't pay attention to it

I then caught him sending a heart to someone but I quickly dismissed any thoughts in my head since that could have been his mom, or sister or whoever.

About an hour later we decided to get something to eat since we were hungry. I heat the left over Mac n cheese and we ate. Diego told me that he was thirty and asked for some water.
I went to go pour him some and brought it over to him. As i was reaching him I suddenly tripped and splashed some water on him
"WHAT THE FUCK AAIGHNLY ARE YOU BLIND!!?"he shouted
I flitched back" I-I am s- so sorry"
He rushed over to me and with force, grabbed my shirt and within a moment his fist was in the air ready to punch me and then...

CRACK!

He punched me...

He punched me??

Silence... Neither one of us said anything
I just kept my eyes shut still scared

"Aaighnly? "he finally talked.
Aaighnly baby I am so so so sorry, I didn't mean it....babe...babe please look at me. Please..." he begged as his voice cracked a bit.

I opened my eyes and I'm met with his eyes full of tears

He hugged me "I'm so so sorry baby, please forgive me, I promise I didn't mean it."
"Please talk to me" he begged

"i forgive you" I whispered to him

He hugged me again and then looked up to me and examined my face. He looked really sad and I don't want him to feel bad since it was not his fault

"please don't look sad... It was my fault anyways so I deserved it. You probably really liked that shirt and I ruined it." I said with a sigh.

"it's ok babe" he said while kissing my cheek
"just don't do it again, ok?" he told me

"OK, I won't do it again, sorry." I replied

"I loved you so much." he whispered to me

I couldn't help but smile at the words

He truly does make me happy

Hey
Thank you for reading 💚💙
I hoped you liked this chapter

How do you feel about Diego???

Love you all❤️

Till next time ^_^

~~~Lee